Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Chris's idea.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yup, going with Chris' recommendation. Don't know how it's going to go with the chili I'm going to use, but I'm game.

Comment

• After the infamous 'separate beds' bit on FB, the tater might be the only thing you'll be wangifying for a while...

Comment

• If the relationshit thread hadn't vanished it would be quite busy on my end right now, so not a concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
            totes jelly

post tweaked recipe?
            Rob and Lesley's Chorizo and Chicken Chowder:THE TWEAKED VERISON

Ingredients
            • 10 oz Spanish chorizo (thinly sliced)
            • 4 leeks (the white and light green parts, cut into half-moons)
            • 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
            • a shallot (minced)
            • 3-4 sticks of celery (chopped)
            • half of a white onion (diced)
            • 8-9 red potatoes (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
            • 1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
            • 1 lb chicken breasts
            • 6 cups of chicken broth
            • 1.5 cans of corn (kernel not cream)
            • salt/pepper/other seasonings

1. Season and cook your 1lb of chicken breasts. (we recommend seasoning them with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic). Once cooked, shred with a fork and set aside.
            2. In a large pot, brown the chorizo slices over medium-high heat for about 1-2 minutes. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add onions, garlic and shallot. Cook for about a min.
            3. Add the potatoes, tomatoes (with their juices), 6 cups of chicken broth, salt and pepper (any other spices you enjoy); cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 12-15 minutes.
            4. Add the corn (drained) and the shredded chicken. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes.
            5. Serve and nom nom nom
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Made a tossed chef's salad.

Yes, I'm aware of what I said. But throwing the salad in a steel bowl distributes the dressing more evenly and helps prevent overuse.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• You said it!

And my medium-rare homemade burgers? FUCKING AWESOME.

This weekend: homemade sausages. AND MORE BURGERS.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Fried chicken because I am a dumb fuck with no self-control. That being said, making those stuffed shells again for dinner tonight. EEEEEEEcan'twait
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Sushi, Sushi and More Sushi!

- Freshwater Enagi (Eel)
                    - Las Vegas Roll
                    - Murisaki Roll
                    - Cucumber Roll
                    - Crab Roll
                    - Mackerel Roll

Along with;

- Ashahi Beer (AMAZING)
                    - Edemame
                    - Miso Soup

It was quite a night!! MMMMMMMM....Drooling just thinking about it.
                    I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

• Not big on Japanese beer but I will kill some Asahi when eating sushi.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Sapporo isn't bad, but they tend to have a dry taste. Plus, you can get a massive can for about $3 at Ralph's. Not that I'd know about buying one and then chugging it in a church parking lot. *shifty eyes*
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The Japs are better at whisky....

Comment

• Just ask
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              The Japs are better at whisky....
                              Moments like these remind me we are the whitest goddamn board.

Comment

• Why? Whisky is THE alcohol for Men.

For some weird reasons the Japs are nuts about scotch, and they finally started producing good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X