Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Fucking Olive Garden. God DAMMIT, why did my wife have an urge to go there???

You know, spouses should be supportive, and do things together and all. But sometimes you just have to say no, and if the other wants to push it let them go at it alone. I feel so bad for you, Matt.

Comment

I'd rather eat my own feces than go to the Olive Garden...

It's the McDonald's of Italian cuisine.

Comment

• My dinner was pretty much just a late snack of 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp chunky natty PB, 1/2 scoop whey, and a few dashes of milk mixed in. And an extra glass of milk afterward because I love that stuff.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
          Jesus christ I want that mac and cheese dish.
          The cheese sauce was ridiculous. I have no idea how many cheeses were in there but they were all great. They chucked some spices in there too (I'm not sophisticated enough to know which) that added a little bit of a zing. I kind of want to go back today for some more.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
            I'd rather eat my own feces than go to the Olive Garden...

It's the McDonald's of Italian cuisine.
            Now arent you guys the same ones that thought the double down was glorious? And Olive Garden doesnt look better?

And V I was just going to suggest that when you came down I would take you to Olive Garden, but alas, it will be poop for you.

Comment

• The Double Down lacks pretension. It pretends to be nothing more than what it is... which is nothing short of win-filled win.

Olive Garden, on the other hand...

I applaud restaurants that cater to their strengths... and in Olive Garden's case, it's strength is creating meals that cater mostly to the geriatric crowd whose taste buds regretably died sometime back during the Great War.

As an Italian, I also take offense to the whole of their wonderfully thought out

"Hey, Eye-talians eat here! It must be authentic!" style of advertising.

Fuck them. Fuck them in their asses. I'd rather have Denny's.

You can do better at home with a bottle of olive oil, garlic, and a pound of whatever pasta you have in the pantry.

And wine.

A metric fuckton of it.

Red wine, goddamnit.

Because white wine is for posers who enjoy the ambience and authentic fare you can only find at the Olive Garden.

Comment

The Double Down lacks pretension. It pretends to be nothing more than what it is... which is nothing short of win-filled win.

Olive Garden, on the other hand...

I applaud restaurants that cater to their strengths... and in Olive Garden's case, it's strength is creating meals that cater mostly to the geriatric crowd whose taste buds regretably died sometime back during the Great War.

As an Italian, I also take offense to the whole of their wonderfully thought out

You can do better at home with a bottle of olive oil, garlic, and a pound of whatever pasta you have in the pantry.

And wine.

A metric fuckton of it.

Red wine, goddamnit.

Because white wine is for posers who enjoy the ambience and authentic fare you can only find at the Olive Garden.
                So that's a no on the Olive Garden then?

Comment

• Safe to say... :P

Comment

• But the Olive Garden Culinary Institute is in Italy! It has to be authentic, right? I mean, all Italian dishes require three pounds of garlic salt don't they?

I did kind of like that chocolate lasagna thing they had.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                      Now arent you guys the same ones that thought the double down was glorious?
                      Not that Olive Garden is any better (it's not - it is Teh Horroaaar!), but she's got you on that one!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

That's Lesley's favorite place. But only for soups and salads. But still.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's so horribly stereotypical that it verges on racist.

I mean, they might as well be like "My cousin Vito the Wop looooves breadsticks! So whenever he flies his fat ass into the U.S. from Sicily to check on the waste management/shipping businesses he owns out here, we always gather up with Nonna Claudia and push his wheelchair three blocks to the Olive Garden, where Vito feasts and sweats until he fills his colostomy bag! It's beautiful times with the most important thing ever...la famiglia! MANGIA!"
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                            That's Lesley's favorite place. But only for soups and salads. But still.
                            I like the soup and salad too. And I want it on record, I invited V out for a meal which I would pay for and he declined. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Comment

• Vin fails. Unless it was an invintation to the Olive Garden.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                                Vin fails. Unless it was an invintation to the Olive Garden.
                                You are a quick one. I am going to adopt you. You can have all the action figures,comics, and ds games you want. It will be just like "the blind side" And then Lesley and I can go out for soup and salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X