Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll copy/paste Fushia Dunlop's recipe. It's the one I use. The onyl Westerner trained at the Sichuan Cooking Academy. All her book are recipes straight from Sichuan*.

*aka your asshole is gonna hurt, BITCH.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• YEAAAAYAH!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        YEAAAAYAH!
        Who let David Caruso in here?
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Fucking NOM'd down my lasagna and garlic bread and Lesley's awesome salad/dressing. SO FUCKING TASTY.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• FUCK YES. Found a legit Mexican place, complete fucking hole in the wall, but the food was killer. Got me an order of SUPER NACHOS! beef fajita nachos covered in guacamole, queso blanco, and all the good shit. I was hurting when i got up this morning still.

Comment

• Double FUCK YES. Got directed to a BBQ place that also has mexican food, burgers, typical Texas fare. I got a chopped beef sammich and fries, which were great. Ordered the enchilada plate to go, and had it a bit ago for dinner. It was actually grade A grub. Will definitely be returning. The one thing that killed me is none of their soda is fountain, it's all can, but they had Big Red! OH YES. And they told me to bring in beer next time if I want one. Awesome. This younger guy next to me ordered a "hungry boy" plate which was a beef burrito, a taco, 2 cheese enchiladas, rice, beans, and guacamole. It looked amazing. I think I'll be heading there tomorrow prior to the NBA playoffs starting.

Comment

• jesus christ I miss food in Texas.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Also, making tri-tip chili in the slow cooker. I'll report back if it rules, if it sucks you'll see a vow of silence.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                    jesus christ I miss food in Texas.
                    Though I have considered moving, and say all the time I would love to be in Toronto again, I really doubt I could leave all the great food in Texas.

Comment

• Speaking of food in Texas, an impulse late-night grocery run netted some pretty fucking great homemade carne asada on the grill. I'm sure the neighbors hated us for grilling at 11:30 PM, but tough titties, that stuff was DELICIOUS. Homegirl can cook. I might go buy more skirt steak since it's on sale.

So I had two dinners yesterday, swordfish steak with swiss chard sauteed in olive oil/garlic/balsamic vinegar, and then carne unnnnggghhhsada.

EDIT: RE: The tri-tip chili - I fucked up and added too much cocoa powder, which I realized yesterday when I brought it to work and didn't have any other spices to balance it out. FFFFFFFFF
                      Last edited by Shit Dickface; 04-20-2010, 08:27 AM. Reason: asdf

~

Comment

• Had some chicken breasts, brown rice and some steamed veggies last night. Shit was amazing.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think I'm going to swing that tonight, I've got a big-ass bag of brown basmati from Trader Joe's that needs to be used.

~

Comment

• Goddamn I fucking LOVE carne asada. The trick is orange juice.

Comment

• Really? How does that work and how can I fix that for next time?

~

Comment

• Just pour a little orange juice in a bowl and marinate it for a bit (not overnight, maybe like 3-6 hours) before cooking it. No idea how it works, or what it does, but magic is performed inside that meat. It helps pop out all the seasoning you put on after and also brings out the natural flavor of the meat. You can also get the mexican spices with orange peel in it, in a pinch. That stuff is heavenly.

Have you made milanesa Jake? OMGZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X