Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak and Ale. THAT was our destination of choice for meat. WAS.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What happend? Went out of business due to the economy or health code violations?
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I remember back in the day when I lived in Cali my Dad would always take my bro and me to Coco's before we would go shooting. Are they still around? Oh yeah, Foster's too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Steak and Ale. THAT was our destination of choice for meat. WAS.
          We live right by one that just closed down. Never had a chance to go there. But the building is awesome. I want to buy it and live there.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Rausch View Post
            We live right by one that just closed down. Never had a chance to go there. But the building is awesome. I want to buy it and live there.
            Absolutely. There is one sitting on the freeway near me, and the architecture is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
              I remember back in the day when I lived in Cali my Dad would always take my bro and me to Coco's before we would go shooting. Are they still around? Oh yeah, Foster's too.
              Coco's is, but much like Carrow's or any other sit down chain joint. It's loaded with old people.

Here in LA, we have a local IHOP called NORM's. Open all night and the place where you go at 2:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                What happend? Went out of business due to the economy or health code violations?
                1. Quality went downhill.
                2. The chain went out of business.

I hate it when favorite restaurants start to suck. It's one thing to have an 'off' meal at one of your regular restaurants, but it's another thing to have them start to consistently suck.

eta: shit, I know where you live now, Rob. Cool.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Watch out Rob, Matt's gonna come for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                    Yeah, there's a Big Boy like a mile down the street from the apartment. Hate that place.

EDIT: Was, at least, two years ago when I went there.
                    That one is gone...my wife went looking for it the other day and that shit is leveled...sucks.

Originally posted by Fej View Post
                    I remember back in the day when I lived in Cali my Dad would always take my bro and me to Coco's before we would go shooting. Are they still around? Oh yeah, Foster's too.
                    Coco's unfortunately exists and is thriving...Foster's still exists and their dipped cones are fucking just as glorious as you remember...
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• There is one Foster's by SMC and there's another out in Van Nuys. Randall went by there and said the chicken strips suck.

Comment

There is one Foster's by SMC and there's another out in Van Nuys. Randall went by there and said the chicken strips suck.
                        There's like at least 3 others I can think of...the one near Costco in Venice, there's one is Hawthorne across the street from The Cockatoo Inn (Jackie Brown fans know what's up) and there's another one in Hawthorne just up the street from the other one...
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• That Van Nuys location has been around since I have been alive. I remember going by that place at the time of the '92 riots. Looks as beaten in then as it does now.

Comment

What happend? Went out of business due to the economy or health code violations?
                            Economy. The one here closed last year. Damn good beef.
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I figured that, but you never know what the local health department will find these days.

Hell, my dad loved reading the restaurant closings in the paper. LOVED IT!

Comment

• If I remember correctly, Steak and Ale was part of a larger company that owned a bunch of other restaurant chains, ALL of which went out of business.

Comment

Working...
                                X