Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to Montreal in 2 days for supper...

Comment

• I'm waiting for you.

Seriously, the Emeril Lagasse recipe is pretty authentic. Basically, you do a beef or veal stock, and you reduce the shit out of it. You take half of it, and do a Espagnole sauce (the broth with some veggies and a roux). It's not tough, or complicated. It's just long.

Later on, you combine the last half of the stock and the sauce, and reduce the shit out of it. Strain, and it's done. I freeze it in cubes like water. So when I need a cube or two, I just pop them out and slap them into the pan. It makes EVERYTHING taste awesome.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I'm waiting for you.

Seriously, the Emeril Lagasse recipe is pretty authentic. Basically, you do a beef or veal stock, and you reduce the shit out of it. You take half of it, and do a Espagnole sauce (the broth with some veggies and a roux). It's not tough, or complicated. It's just long.

Later on, you combine the last half of the stock and the sauce, and reduce the shit out of it. Strain, and it's done. I freeze it in cubes like water. So when I need a cube or two, I just pop them out and slap them into the pan. It makes EVERYTHING taste awesome.
        :: swoons ::

Marry me?

Comment

• I can't. I'm already married, and I'm not Bill Paxton.

Comment

• gonna sound stupid, but...what exactly does 'reduce' mean in cooking?
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Let boil (slowly) until the liquid evaporates. It concentrate the flavors.

Comment

Let boil (slowly) until the liquid evaporates. It concentrate the flavors.
                This could be an eenin post.

EDIT: And I love demiglace, but fuck I'm too lazy to make that stuff.
                Last edited by Shit Dickface; 03-10-2010, 09:46 AM. Reason: asdf
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• WTF?

Comment

WTF?
                    Just the "It concentrate the flavors". Reminds me of eenin from CHUD. Bad joke, fuck you I'll fight you over it etc. etc.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I laughed.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watch out Jake, you may have just pissed off a frenchman about cooking. Granted a Canadian-Frenchman, but it's still a sensitive issue.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Not really. We're all about hockey.

And I just ignored eenin, Jake. That's why I didn't get it. I'm sloooooooooooow today.

Comment

• Come on Martin, you've got a kid and one on the way. Plus an awesome dog, completely understandable.

Comment

• ...Went to Sizzler last night (the wife loves that fucking shithole)...our normal one got closed (damn the economy)...so we had to brave Hollywood traffic to get to the one on Highland and Fountain...Wasn't really in the mood for steak, so I got the Bacon Mega Cheeseburger and fries and the requisite salad bar...Got some salad a couple of wings, and ate about a dozen or so of my wife's shrimp...all in all it was a decent meal except the burger sucked and was overly salted (really shitty actually)...Added the meal into my calorie tracker on my iPhone...I ate just over 2000 calories in that one fucking meal...FFS, it completely ruined my workout...long story short, FUCK Sizzler that shit is hella caloric.
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• All sit down restaurants are hellacious on the calorie count. You would have been better off eating at McDonalds.

Also, the Van Nuys Sizzler is still open.

Comment

Working...
                                X