Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mugatu View Post
    Are you pumped for the Special Olympics Kate?
    I am. I'm competing.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Are you pumped for the Special Olympics Kate?

For the record, I'm against the SO (Summer/Special Olympics). I don't want to start a big fight and have everyone here start to hate me , so I'll just leave it at that.

PS I am sad the regular Olympics are over, I was really enjoying them. I'd never seen Olympics before of any kind so it was a new experience for me. I posted nearly every night on the Olympics thread on CHUD. Not having it on TV anymore kind of leaves a void in my life
      Last edited by Kate; 03-02-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• I'm going through a bit of Olympic Withdrawal myself. I really enjoyed watching this particular Olympic games, for some reason.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• There was Olympics on?

wait...what?

Sorry, folks... I cared so little, I almost passed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I'm going through a bit of Olympic Withdrawal myself. I really enjoyed watching this particular Olympic games, for some reason.
            I'd never seen it before, but I became a big fan of the short track with Apolo Ohno. He's great!

EDIT: Plus, just watching stuff in HD (even if it was rarely live, due to NBC dunderheadedness) was alot of fun. I had a great time and I even came up with alot of suggestions to help improve the Olympics for next time. Sadly the people on CHUD were not receptive to my ideas

Comment

• And he'll continue to be for another 14 minutes...

until 2014 rolls around.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                I am. I'm competing.
                YOU CAN DO IT
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  And he'll continue to be for another 14 minutes...

until 2014 rolls around.
                  Yes, good point. There was no where near enough ST for my tastes. I'd get unreasonably excited(like last Friday night, for example, when I canceled a social engagement to watch Apolo Ohno on TV) but he'd only end racing 3 times, each race lasting less than 50 seconds

All in all I liked the 1500 meter much more than the 500. I liked that the race was long enough that you could sort of observe the ebb and flow of competition as people weaved back and forth, passing and dodging. The 500 meter is zany, but too short, IMHO.
                  Last edited by Kate; 03-02-2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• JUST ADMIT YOU'RE THE FRONT RUNNING UNITED STATES COMPETITOR IN ALL RETARDED SPORTS, KATE.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'll share the love on Short Track, Kate. I've gotta think that there have been some crazy accidents in that sport (look at JR Celski's injury from last year), and that level of risk is kinda exciting.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I'll share the love on Short Track, Kate. I've gotta think that there have been some crazy accidents in that sport (look at JR Celski's injury from last year), and that level of risk is kinda exciting.
                        Yes, the risk is cool but for me it's also:

1) I could quickly figure out the rules (well, not the ST Relay ones)

2) I could instantly appreciate the athleticism and skill required

With both those things covered, the sport was insanely thrilling, right from the get-go

Throw in the Korea/Ohno rivalry ETC and you have the making of great TV
                        Last edited by Kate; 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• It's the Korean/Canada rivalry, with Ohno in the middle of it, being the only good American at it.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

It's the Korean/Canada rivalry, with Ohno in the middle of it, being the only good American at it.
                            From what I've read, it seems like it really is very much an Anti-Ohno rivalry. If you call someone an Ohno in Korea, you are insulting them.

PS JR Celski, and Simon Cho were also good at it, IMHO

Comment

• Had another chili cheese burrito, suckas!

Comment

• HAHA, I had one last night too for lunch. AWESOME
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X