No announcement yet.

I want to eat this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where were these italian ideas last night Iggy!?

Comment

• You wound me, sir. Not a drop of I-talian blood in my Polish ass.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• You're from Jersey. Little bit in all of yall.

Comment

• made the fettuccini meal last night. Wasn't looking forward to it due to the whole tomatoes used in the "sauce" but it was really fucking good. added extra garlic and all of the red pepper flakes. Tasty.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Working 24 hours at Franklin's BBQ
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That looks great and I've heard great things but, man, I'm not camping out for it. Just bring it to me.

Comment

• yeah fuck that shit, I don't care how good it is. I don't do waiting more than 30 mins in line for food. There is no way I would enjoy it after 6 hours of waiting in the morning.

Comment

• Franklin's is not worth the hype or lines. Same as Killen's here in town. Come visit and we will FUCK UP Gatlin's or Roeggel's which are just as good as either of those guys.

Comment

• I trust you Billy. Glad to know I'm not just being a contrarian as per usual.

Comment

• Nope. Central Texas is always considered the "king" of Texas BBQ, but anyone to be trusted about BBQ can point you somewhere within 15 miles that's as good as anything that makes you wait in line all day. I've never understood why Austin think it's OK to wait in line hours for BBQ, and then half the shit be gone by the time you get inside. Fuck that. I went to Killen's, which is often considered neck and neck with Franklin's, once. Two years ago before Thanksgiving. We still waited 30 minutes, but they didn't expect many people, so they didn't make much food. The fuck?

Seriously. Roeggel's and Gatlin's will have no line, and fuck you up. Gatlin's still runs out of ribs, most places do, but other than that they are flawless. Roeggel's even smokes pastrami for the best reuben you ever had.

Comment

• OMG I JUST SAW A CHICKEN FRIED STEAK MADE FROM RIBEYE ON MY TWITTER FEED AND I NEED IT IN ME

Comment

• PICS OR GTFO

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Franklin's is not worth the hype or lines. Same as Killen's here in town. Come visit and we will FUCK UP Gatlin's or Roeggel's which are just as good as either of those guys.
                            This is probably racist but when I saw in that video that Franklin is a white guy I thought "wait, what? And people still think it's the best?"

Comment

• Hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                This is probably racist but when I saw in that video that Franklin is a white guy I thought "wait, what? And people still think it's the best?"
                                I mean, kinda? But BBQ is still a very much boys club, and while people will say "oh find the black dude with a trailer on the side of the road" they will NEVER include them in the conversation in central or east Texas. And before Killen BBQ opened, Gatlin's (a black family) was hands down considered the best outside of central Texas. Now that Killen opened? You won't find a single writer mention them anymore. It's all Killen or Corkscrew, which are fine BBQ's, but also funded by well off white dudes in affluent white suburbs. I'll go to the trailer outside Fitz's and spend half as much with the dude just hustling on weekends.

In summation: BBQ is racist as fuck still, and Austin is SUPER racist.

Comment

Working...
                                X