No announcement yet.

I want to eat this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We missed the Ren Fest last year as well. Not this year...no sirree.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The fair is in a couple weeks here. I will consume many fried goods.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Making that tomorrow. The catfish/grilled zucchini/ginger peanuts was AMAZING. I had no expectations and it is one of my favorite meals so far.
        based on our chicken/biscuit sammich from last night, I highly recommend you don't make the sammich. The biscuit was great but was a bit too crumbly to make a decent sammich. Lesley's fell apart after like 2 bites. Mine was a bit better but nothing was added by making this sandwich. The chicken with the biscuit as a side with the mayo would be fine in my opinion.

the greens were not good. Not a fan of uncooked collard greens apparently.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I will not have them uncooked. I don't like collard greens on most days, and raw never. I will cover them with garlic and sautee them.

Comment

• yeah, felt weird and unless Lesley made a mistake, I thought it was really strange NOT to sautee them.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I just looked at the recipe. Really does seem like they just want you to make a collard green slaw. Fuck that. Cooking it first.

Comment

• yeah, it was like eating paper. but for reals, the biscuits were the shit though. loved those.

highly recommend you season your chicken like you normally do. just the salt and pepper is not enough and I was glad I added my normal spice blend.

Comment

• Yeah, i will add some paprika and probably some red pepper. I always add more spices to their recipes. They are definitely white people recipes.

Comment

• right?!

Thank you! I always have to season their meats WAY more than just their standard salt and pepper. HAVE TO HAVE THAT HOTNESS.

Comment

• It's been my main complaint since I started with them. Their Asian dishes are usually good, but everything else needs a little more.

Comment

• I think Lesley gets a bit annoyed because I can never straight follow a recipe. Need to tweak it everytime even if it's the first time making it haha

Comment

• Uncooked collards will get you stabbed in the hood.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I made the meatballs last night. Because it wants you to put the cooked onions and such into the bowl and make the meatballs all together the meatballs kind of fell apart unless they're really big, which makes cooking them through kind of a pain. So I tossed the loose onions and stuff in with the sauce. Was good.

Comment

• We made those too. Came out awesome. Made 12 meatballs but we did mix everything to gether. Just had a bunch of onions left over. The squash was really good.

Comment

• Mom used to get around that problem by grating the onions. Improved the texture, too.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X