No announcement yet.

Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was the first time I noticed the dancing bears in the background.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      You really need to get your tumblr up and running again Russ. I'd like to be able to link back to you when I post your stuff haha.
      I know man. I'm pants on head dim about web presence. Lazy too.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• goddammit, you and Ceej need to get in the now.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Going back through here and just throwing tags on 'em.

Hope to update it before the week is over. Updated url is russthebadger.tumblr.com
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-28-2013, 06:37 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Bookmarked, also sadly astonished at the lack of sex gif's on your page. Just saying.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I don't into tumblr much.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Tumblr: Pr0n Gif heaven
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Gifs of all shapes and colors. I'm strictly in the static image business these days.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ, read this, thought of you. And me. And everyone around here who can rock a pencil...

"If you’re an aggressive individual and you want to make this your field — and there is no school. You make your own school. You make your school. I say that you borrow arms and legs and heads and necks and posteriors from anybody you can. In comics, which is a peculiar field, every man — every artist — is the other artist’s teacher. There’s absolutely no school for it. People can teach you the mechanics of it, which is good. I can see a good reason for that. But drawing a good figure does not make you a good artist. I can name you 10 men, right off the bat, who draw better than I do. But I don’t think their work gets as much response as mine. I can’t think of a better man to draw Dick Tracy than Chester Gould, who certainly is no match for Leonardo Da Vinci. But Chester Gould told the story of Dick Tracy. He told the story of Dick Tracy the way it should have been told. No other guy could have done it. It’s not in the draftsmanship, it’s in the man.

Like I say, a tool is dead. A brush is a dead object. It’s in the man. If you want to do, you do it. If you think a man draws the type of hands that you want to draw, steal ‘em. Take those hands.

The only thing I can say is: Caniff was my teacher, Alex Raymond was my teacher, even the guy who drew Toonerville Trolley was my teacher. Whatever he had stimulated me in some way. And I think that’s all you need. You need that stimulation. Stimulation to make you an individual. And the draftsmanship? Hang it! If you can decently, learn to control what you can, learn to control what you have, learn to refine what you have. Damn perfection! You don’t have to be perfect. You are never going to do a Sistine Chapel, unless somebody ties you to a ceiling. So damn perfection!

All a man has in this field is pressure, and I think the pressure supplies a stimulation. You have your own stresses; that will supply your own stimulation. If you want to do it, you’ll do it. And you’ll do it anyway you can."

- Jack "The King" Kirby

Comment

• The words hold as much weight now as when he was alive. Maybe moreso.

Thanks for that Tim. I'm putting that on my wall.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You doing DC's Harley Quinn try out? Here's the sample script.

PANEL 1
                        Harley is on top of a building, holding a large DETACHED cellphone tower in her hands as lightning is striking just about everywhere except her tower. She is looking at us like she cannot believe what she is doing. Beside herself. Not happy.
                        PANEL 2
                        Harley is sitting in an alligator pond, on a little island with a suit of raw chicken on, rolling her eyes like once again, she cannot believe where she has found herself. We see the alligators ignoring her.
                        PANEL 3
                        Harley is sitting in an open whale mouth, tickling the inside of the whale’s mouth with a feather. She is ecstatic and happy, like this is the most fun ever.
                        PANEL 4
                        Harley sitting naked in a bathtub with toasters, blow dryers, blenders, appliances all dangling above the bathtub and she has a cord that will release them all. We are watching the moment before the inevitable death. Her expression is one of “oh well, guess that’s it for me” and she has resigned herself to the moment that is going to happen.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• OH NOES THEY ARE RUINING CHARACTERS OH NOES
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 3 edgy 5 me

That company is really farting in the wind these days.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              OH NOES THEY ARE RUINING CHARACTERS OH NOES

I'm so ready to screw with them that it's not even funny.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• So she's getting her own book? I'm not up on the current incarnation of Suicide Squad. I assume that, much as with twenty other books, it was killed.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X