No announcement yet.

Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character design class begins in earnest.

Premise: create three characters (a hero, a boss, and a minion of the boss) as though they were to appear in a videogame. Each had to be easily identifiable in silhouette. Sadly, the minion got short shrift in this regard, but that's just the nature of the beast.

We were assigned randomly suggestion sheets written by our fellow classmates, and I got a bunch of half-assed ones, but the ridiculously titled "Divine Umbrella Chronicles" had potential unlike the incredibly familiar "Hell's Kitchen" or "Curse of the Jade Emperor."

It was the umbrella that sold me, really.

Anyway, I ended up researching too fucking much like usual and left only hints of it in the finished work. (Mostly in the names of the boss and hero, which are based on a notorious arms dealer and a Hindu goddess, respectively. Not that anyone gave a flying fuck, but hey, I CARE.)

Spoiler: The Hero(ine) 

Spoiler: The Boss 

Spoiler: The Minion 

I didn't have time to color them, but you get the idea.

When I get my first assignment from Painting back, I'll have a scan of that to show as well.

On to designing mechs.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nice stuff as usual, Russ! Particularly like the Minion, myself!

Comment

• Great shit man. Don't forget my Funkasaurus shit either!! (you said remind you) :-)
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'LL GET IT DONE THIS WEEKEND!

I PROMISE!

OR MY NAME AIN'T NATHAN ARIZONA!

(The 25% won out to the 75% on the deadline. Schule came and punched my face.)
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My name is not Nathan Arizona. I'm sorry J, shit has just kind of gotten away from me.

And family asking for me to work on shit is part of the problem.

Spoiler: For example: Mom's annual Halloween Party Card design mockup. 

If all goes well, before I jet back to Texas at the beginning of September, I might have something in the way of even a half-assed cursory sketch ready.

*takes drink for empty promise*
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• At least you're still thinking about it. Plus it's not like I'm paying you for said work so I can't complain. But I will if I have to.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hahaha

As a consolation prize, I'll color it.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's cool.

Comment

• Draw dignity.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• What about its slow and inevitable erosion? Best I can do.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just collating prior to the start of the next quarter, will be posting stuff I did while crushing Josh's dreams as soon as it is up on my dropbox.

Because I am vain and too lazy and afraid of DA to start one of those up currently.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-09-2012, 08:18 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 5-stage Character transformation for character design

Spoiler: big ups to thunder from big trouble in little china 

Derby Poster (syrianly, this one professor loves putting something related to this activity into every quarter I get him...not complainin' or nothin')

Spoiler: apologies to Snake and puns 

INKS

POSTERIZED
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• From Comics Paintin':

Spoiler: first time doin' acrylics 

Spoiler: my tribute to that one dude's Wolverine submission for Marvel back in the day 

And a couple of different approaches to the final pages, from a scene early on in Blood Meridian (the final was a "from an adaptation" sort of prompt).

Spoiler: only acrylic 

Spoiler: and an acrylic and ink approach 
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And if you look at 'em and get an enormous file slapping your thigh/ridin' the wave in, either right click and open in a new tab or just wait for a smaller, less texture-heavy thumb to show up.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• gotdamn. Those are fucking awesome.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X