No announcement yet.

Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since you bring it up I'm thinking dystopian sci fi, it's the only option that allows the kind of Funkiness that the character needs to exist. The other two are just too depressing for funk.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• @ Anderson: That's a bit beyond me at the moment, the Struzan method anyway. One of my professors was selling prints of his works in that style (too bad we don't have an airbrush-specific class or anything).

The process is sort of ridiculous, but incredibly awesome. I'll definitely keep it in mind, as I really want to give it a shot.

@ Josh: You got it.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hahaha, did I say "later today?" I meant tomorrow. Still a bunch of shit I have to scan into dropbox for the end of term before I can really get to my table.

The premise I've settled on: Funkasaurus Rob is SHEEEEEEEEEEEEE'ing all over a ring that has Max Headroom as a tower of monitors doing commentary with Robo J.R.

I haven't picked an opponent for Rob to SHEEEEEEEEEEEE, but it'll probably be like Rick Rude or some other throwback doucher.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          @ Anderson: That's a bit beyond me at the moment, the Struzan method anyway. One of my professors was selling prints of his works in that style (too bad we don't have an airbrush-specific class or anything).

The process is sort of ridiculous, but incredibly awesome. I'll definitely keep it in mind, as I really want to give it a shot.

@ Josh: You got it.

Well, I'm not talking about in terms of style, but layout. You've seen the stuff Joon's done for me in the past, haven't you? Stuff like that. What's your character work like?
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Can't say that I have. Links?

(Joon?)
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• some dude from DERP that does cartoon drawings.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  Hahaha, did I say "later today?" I meant tomorrow. Still a bunch of shit I have to scan into dropbox for the end of term before I can really get to my table.

The premise I've settled on: Funkasaurus Rob is SHEEEEEEEEEEEEE'ing all over a ring that has Max Headroom as a tower of monitors doing commentary with Robo J.R.

I haven't picked an opponent for Rob to SHEEEEEEEEEEEE, but it'll probably be like Rick Rude or some other throwback doucher.
                  As long as I see Rob SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'ing all over the ring in the dystopian sci-fi future eventually then take your time, get it right. I'm picturing the awesomeness already, matter of fact I picture it being so good that future Rob will want it as his avatar.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• No pressure
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Of course not. *begins packing abduction/torture kit supplies* You got nothing to worry about man.

Comment

• Inks by me, pencils by Gabe Hardman.

Spoiler: snarf 
                        The blue line:

And my take:

Started sketching Funks on rolls soon after.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-14-2012, 09:32 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nice work on that one. Really nice.

Comment

• I like it. I like it a lot. Nice layout, nice flow to the events on the page. Blacks work very well without overpowering the light areas.

Well done!

Comment

• For Visual Storytelling:

Spoiler: If you read the script for this thing, you'd want to euthanize the writer. 

My hands started to cramp by the end of going over my blueline work in tight pencils, so I ended up doing tones instead of black placement as per instruction.

It looks sorta muddy right now (and apparently, the chief isn't old as fuck), but the roughs should work.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For fun, as part of the "British Invasion" themed sketchbook challenge over on the 11 O'clock Comics forum.

Spoiler: Make way for explosions, Guy Fawkes, and a chin that could carve marble. 

Inking it today.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X