Gimme sumthin' to draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BALLER.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Working on the poster before going back through the comic (hoping for some additions to the palette to come through while fucking around with that) and while in a half-awake/half-asleep state late this afternoon, I scribbled some notes about the derby comic idea:

Slap Shot. Hanson Brothers. Warriors. The Warriors. Road Warrior. Legion of Doom. Ultimate Warrior. Old School Wrasslin' gimmicks. Giant Gonzalez.

Okay that last one just popped in my head, but imagine a whole team of angar derby chicks decked out in Ultimate Warrior facepaint, acting like the Hanson Brothers i.e., clotheslining motherfuckers, bodyslamming the shit out of the team of jobbers they're up against (that's more a Giant Gonzalez thing to do, but whatever) and being generally horrible people.

That sounds awesome.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Changed my mind on the direction of the piece.

No Hanson bros, unless I can squeeze a moment of total asskicking douchebaggery into one of the pages, and no wrestling stuff (beside a one of the roller girls doing a fucking hurricanrana on a rival).

I'm thinking in visual math now, and I want it to look like this

on this sort of track

in space.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Inked this earlier with regular mats, turned out like shit, went back and started doing digital.

Here's page one without balloons or sound effects:

(Yes, that is The King in the insert at the bottom. They are in point of fact, in outer space.)
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Space Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches.

Comment

• And now with SFX/dialogue/more light trails/half-assed speed lines:

Amazing what Shaq can do, even as onomatopoeia.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• SHAQ!
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Now with enough stippling to choke a Galactushorse.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Very nice stuff, Russ!

Comment

• Thank ya kindly, Tim!
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• When that mother is done, it will be so awesome.

On to another project in the meantime. No breathing room at fucking all at the end of the quarter (or sleeping either).

A mini comic. Starring a great white collar shark named Buford.

The cover:

Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-15-2011, 11:38 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think if I keep plugging at it for a few more months, establish a decent work ethic off-season and accumulate a steady body of legible material, I might just move this thread onto a site of its own.

Once I crop everything into order, the mini will be up for mockery and vicious critical jabs. It has no dialogue due to time constraints and as above, legibility at 4x5 is harder to keep to than regular kermerk berk fermert.*

*All subterfuge. I didn't write any dialogue.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-28-2011, 04:48 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Bullshit mini-comic now in sequence:

Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Me likey! MOAR SHARK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
                                I think if I keep plugging at it for a few more months, establish a decent work ethic off-season and accumulate a steady body of legible material, I might just move this thread onto a site of its own.

Once I crop everything into order, the mini will be up for mockery and vicious critical jabs. It has no dialogue due to time constraints and as above, legibility at 4x5 is harder to keep to than regular kermerk berk fermert.*

*All subterfuge. I didn't write any dialogue.

sweet, I'll totally be linking to your site. and I dig the comic. POKERFACE indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X