Lost Season 4 (Spoilers inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost Season 4 (Spoilers inside)

2 hours. and it wasn't that bad. better than the poor saps that got in line later. and there wasn't anything else i wanted to check out so not too bad. and sorry i couldn't just deal with them writing in archs that made no sense. hey push in this number in the computer; oh hey i know that number; blah blah blah. ari, could you tell me what happened to the number? why it was even signigicant to the overall plot? what about the smoke monster? or the polar bear?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

The polar bear has been explained, the numbers tie into the big mystery of what exactly the island is, as does the smoke monster. The show's not done yet, so of course there are still unanswered questions. We'll see if Heroes still has an audience whenever that show comes back.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Mr. Friendly = awesomely gay
        Ben = another pimp moment "Get to the temple, our people are waiting there" and "Calling Michael on the boat as Walt. Also, the "Joker" bomb. Fucking greatness.

So the island has control over people that are off? Possibly although Mr. Friendly could have switched guns on Michael as he was going to kill himself, Mr. F said stop, grabbed the gun, gave it back, then said try it. Hmmms....

Was Michael's mom the same actress from the episode where Miles went and "ghostbusted"?

Walt totally wasn't Walt.

Sayid is a little bitch. And go Minkowski!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Still sad that I didn't see any more Zoe Bell.

Also can't believe they shot Ruessou. She wen't out like a punk. 16 years on the island dodging Ben and the Others and Polar bears only to get shot in the back? Weak sausage.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Zoe Bell's role was a joke. A line of dialouge and then death? Come on!

Also can't believe they shot Ruessou. She wen't out like a punk. 16 years on the island dodging Ben and the Others and Polar bears only to get shot in the back? Weak sausage.
            Weak sausage indeed.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
              Zoe Bell's role was a joke. A line of dialouge and then death? Come on!
              You are forgetting one very important thing.......

she was reading a book upside down...... amazing.
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                HAHAHA. Oh man, poor Nerdious. I'm surprised Crafto hasn't posted about his love for Heroes. They can form a club. ZING!
                Sorry, I'm not a leet comic nerd that finds similarities with other superhero stories which therefore deems Heroes insignificant. It's still a cool story. I don't know if I *love* Heroes, like say... Star Trek: TNG, but it's better than most shit on TV.
                Especially the fucking Dog Whisperer or American Gladiators; I weep for your tastes Rob.
                But yeah, there is some more ammo for you.

Comment

Haha.

A: I'm not a comic nerd anymore, but I have read my fair share of them and know when a show is straight ripping off comics. Which isn't a big deal, everyone rips everyone off. But the creator has the balls to say "Comics? PFFFT I've never read comics. " That's when I get fucking annoyed. And this wouldn't be a big deal if they were actually ripped off well, but they are not. The whole show especially rips off Watchmen (which is one of the greatest graphic novels ever and has been out since the 80's. The movie is finally being made and I know people are going to say they ripped off Heroes. Which is complete bullshit)

Almost every character on the show (Minus Adam, Hiro from season 1, and Linderman) are fucking pointless characters for the most part. And I fucking LOVED the pilot episode. Like loved, like pirated it months before it was on tv and told everyone to watch it.I thought it was an awesome idea about normal people with powers and what happens with them. Shit I even stuck it out for the whole second season. But when your characters have powers and they barely use them (I'm a cheerleader, I just don't die. I'm Issac, I paint the future in comic book panels then die. I'm Hiro, I will fuck up the past so I can get laid...I'm Peter, I can do anything but I will just look emo and explode in the sky....I'm Nathan, I can fly but I will only fly once or twice)it's a fucking waste. How about "She-Hulk"and her annoying fucking kid? No purpose. And how fucking dumb is Peter? I mean really?!?! See all of season 2 for epic examples of this.

B. I, like alot of people, continued to watch in hopes that they would pull off some crazy shit, but when you're coolest fight happens behind a door with flashes of blue and red, you've epically failed. Especially when the whole first season was a buildup to an EPIC CONFRONTATION WITH SYLAR!!! And that consisted of a few punches and a stabbing. WEAK SAUSAGE

C. I can say that I watched American gladiators like 2 times (and Lesley can back me up on that) and The Dog Whisperer cracks me up, but I'm not comparing that to Heroes. Not even close. I compare Heroes to Lost, Dexter, BSG, Weeds, etc. And it fails on all parts.

D. Go back and watch Voyager...

Comment

Blah blah blah, keep embracing the h8h8h8h8h8.

Comment

Heh.

No comeback though? I could have just said Crafto = teh lamerz but didn't. I was trying to articulate my points with reasoning and information. Does that mean I'm right?

Comment

Right about what? That your opinion of Heroes is in fact how you truly feel?? Like I said, you've already embraced the h8h8h8, there isn't much point.

But here you go:

A. everyone rips everyone off, get over it. I couldn't give two shits that the creator said this, that, or the other thing, or who ripped off what. The fact is, they never made a TV show out of it. As a matter of perspective.. people that may (or may not) say Watchmen is ripping off Heroes, well they would be right if that was all they new about. The "this was here first, so it supersedes all other things' coolness" argument has never held water with me, everything can be improved.

Some characters might not have a huge role in the overall story, but that doesn't make them pointless. I thought that was pretty interesting myself, seeing how the different characters learned of or dealt with their powers.

B. Epic imagination failure? 1. This isn't a major motion picture so there isn't a giant FX budget, gotta cut them some slack there. 2. That was a little annoying but by no means a deal breaker. 3. Kind of cool that they did something unexpected, I certainly wasn't expecting it.

C. Something like this maybe... Dexter > Lost >= Weeds > Heroes > BSG. Yes I'm sure BSG should be higher up there, but I've tried watching it several times and it never sucks me in like the rest have.

D. After further consideration, Voyager is for TNG to poop on. And TNG > Heroes.

Can I get a gay rainbow smiley for every time you wink at me?

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK! -LL Cool J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSd4t...eature=related YAAARG!

Comment

Originally posted by crafto

But here you go:
                          A. everyone rips everyone off, get over it. I couldn't give two shits that the creator said this, that, or the other thing, or who ripped off what. The fact is, they never made a TV show out of it. As a matter of perspective.. people that may (or may not) say Watchmen is ripping off Heroes, well they would be right if that was all they new about. The "this was here first, so it supersedes all other things' coolness" argument has never held water with me, everything can be improved.
                          I said that everyone rips everyone off. Re-read my post. And they wouldnt' be right, they would be misinformed. And just because something was there first doesn't automatically make it cooler or better. I'll use an example that you get: Star Trek vs. TNG. I like the original because of nostalgia, but I know you think it fuckign sucks. And that is fine. Just because Star Trek came out before TNG doesn't make it cooler or better. It makes it different. But they weren't ripping it off. They were expanding on the universe of Star Trek. My deal is that if you are going to rip something off, add to it, make it better or don't do it at all. And don't act like you didn't rip it off.

B. Epic imagination failure? 1. This isn't a major motion picture so there isn't a giant FX budget, gotta cut them some slack there. 2. That was a little annoying but by no means a deal breaker. 3. Kind of cool that they did something unexpected, I certainly wasn't expecting it.

Dude, are you kidding me? Do you know how much money NBC threw at Heroes? It was like their fucking flagship show. Alot of the FX was pretty badass for a network show actually (any of Claire's falls/deaths, the guy who melted metal or whatever, etc) It was a poor narrative choice for them to pull the "what ever we do isn't as cool as your imagination" bs. Plain and simple.

And did you actually defend the final battle between Sylar and the heroes? Cause I remember you bitching about that with me on a smoke break the day after it happened?

And the smiley faces were to show that I'm not trying to come off like a prick, as opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

But for the record, Heroes was a cool idea with a horrible execution. Even the fucking creator said as much about the whole beginning of the second season and the finale. When the creator and writer of the show says he fucked up, it's not really giving me much to work with in regards to liking it.

Comment

Also, I love you man!

Group hug!

Comment

I said that everyone rips everyone off. Re-read my post.
                              "Everyone rips everyone off" was copy/pasted from your post with bold for emphasis. That seemed to be a large chunk of your beef with Heroes.

Dude, are you kidding me? Do you know how much money NBC threw at Heroes? It was like their fucking flagship show. Alot of the FX was pretty badass for a network show actually (any of Claire's falls/deaths, the guy who melted metal or whatever, etc)
                              Not kidding and I have no idea(or care) how much money they threw at Heroes. Still sounds like you're expecting near Matrix quality FX in a TV show, which will always let you down.

And did you actually defend the final battle between Sylar and the heroes? Cause I remember you bitching about that with me on a smoke break the day after it happened?
                              PASTE: That was a little annoying but by no means a deal breaker.

I was generous in saying "a little annoying" and your right... I found it much more annoying(understatement) at the time. But in hindsight it wasn't as awful for me as you make it sound.

When the creator and writer of the show says he fucked up, it's not really giving me much to work with in regards to liking it.
                              And that is exactly why you should ignore that bullshit and judge a show on its merits rather than what some knob says about it. YES, even if he's the creator.

Comment

Ok. Ok. We will agree to disagree. You have fought this battle well. Good day sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X