Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rings of Power

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ies-first-look

First deep preview. I am so fucking excited. Rewatching LOTR over Christmas got me itching for me. Might try and find time to read the books again for the first time in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewgCqJDI_Nk&t=142s

New full trailer. Yeah, it's ripping off the movies, but why in the fuck would you not? Looks good to me and I cannot fucking wait.

Comment

damn, that looks pretty sweet and I hate this type of stuff. I probably should give the movies another chance. I still love extended Fellowship, but TT and ROTK didn't do shit for me in the theaters or on a rewatch years ago. And the less said about those terrible Hobbit movies the better.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I told Sarah once I have my new job, and know I don't have to piss test, I wanna get high as shit and watch those Hobbit movies again.

Comment

I want to smoke weed so badly but promised myself I wouldn't until I'm somewhere I can buy it legally again. I'll get so goddamn high. My tolerance is gonna be so low. 7 months sober, 8 on the 27th.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8UA...nel=PrimeVideo

HYYYYYPE this shit looks EXPENSIVE. If nothing else it's going to be pretty.

Comment

what's the verdict BillyG ? My dad and bro loved it but they are die-hard fans. I saw that Amazon stopped all reviews due to review bombing but I chalked that up to nerds being nerds.

Worth watching every week or maybe hold off until there are few more in the backlog?

Comment

First two episodes were fucking DOPE. First one started off with a bang, basically taking the LOTR prologue route and explaining how you got to that point. All the performances are somewhere between good and great. They absolutely did not cheap out at all. It looks incredible. Like, at worst anyone that appreciates costume, fx, etc should watch it to soak it all in here. The second episode is a little bit slower, but it's still very good it just shifts the big plot points away from Galadriel and to a few other characters with lower stakes than what her concerns are.

Comment

What the hell was that thing that came out of the ground in episode 2? Straight up horror shit right there.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Episode 3 completely sold me. I no longer have any fears or reservations. RoP is legit. I fucking LOVE the orc design. Seeing Numenor was awesome. All the design is so smart showing obvious influence from PJ's movies and letting people know via that influence what they're looking at.

Comment

Looking forward to watching this once more eps are out. I can't do week to week anymore especially with a show like this.

Comment

We now have our high fantasy Sunday power couple and watch this and House of the Dragon back to back.

Comment

This show is great so far. Dying to find out more about Starman. The warg looked like my dog when I'm trying to play video games at night.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Well that was GREAT.

Fuck the haters.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Last night we extremely were not in the mood for anything that required attention, so we skipped this, HOTD, and Vampire. Hopefully we watch it tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X