No announcement yet.

TRUE DETECTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe he didn't talk much with Fukunaga and Fukunaga's vision was fundamentally different. I mean, that makes no logical sense but, hey, last night I read about the making of the STREET FIGHTER movie and I still don't know how that thing got finished. What I'm saying is stranger things have happened. /devilsadvocate

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I just like how the internet is telling me I'm stupid for looking more into the pictures his kid drew and the scene with the crown being tossed into the tree.
      Those are subtextual things you are free to look into as much you want. They are seedlings of visual metaphors that relate to the ongoing story and how the events morph and change the people dealing with them. That's just good visual storytelling. That's not stupid.

The "HOW CUM NO KUH THEW LOO?" thing is fucking stupid though.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• OK, we just got three free months of HBO (I complained about how the new customers were getting phenomenal deals for enrolling in DirectTV and they gave in to my demands) and I got set up with HBO GO for my ChromeCast.

We started watching this last night and got two episodes into it. FANTASTIC. I haven't spoiled myself on this yet, but the wife and I are champing at the bit to bang out the rest of it yet to find out what happens. She's convinced the Matt's the killer, but I think that it's playing that up too earnestly for it to be anything but a red herring.

Does this stick the landing?
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also, now that we have HBO GO and can pretty much watch whatever we want, which of the following shows is worth the time and effort to watch?

GIRLS
          TRUE BLOOD
          TREME
          BOARDWALK EMPIRE

We've already watched GAME OF THRONES, THE WIRE, DEADWOOD, and ROME. I plan on watching CARNIVALE at some point (probably when we're done with TRUE DETECTIVE). We never could get into THE SOPRANOS (we tried twice), so I'm not going to mess with that again unless I'm really bored.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• True Blood: hilarious trash
            Treme: people sit around playing music, cooking/eating, making indian costumes, or ranting against the gubmint for the first season, and little else happens. I never returned to it after but Steve Zahn was pretty good.
            Boardwalk Empire: great haircuts and production design, interesting and repulsive characters populating a landscape not really examined in pop culture to the same level of success as here. Slow burn, but rewarding. Stick with it at least until Gyp arrives.
            Girls: I think you might put your foot through your television.

As far as TD sticking the landing, it isn't so much about whodunit as it is what the chase/obsession costs everyone involved. Watch it with that in mind and I think you'll enjoy it.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-25-2014, 03:29 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Pretty much everybody here but rob loved it. Rob liked it a lot but felt the ending fell flat if I understood him correctly.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Cool, thanks for the input.

Comment

• Treme is outstanding. True Blood has a couple full seasons you can skip. Boardwalk BOARD me hahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Out of all of 'em you've yet to watch, go with Boardwalk Empire, Matt. Like the esteemed Captain aluded to, it is a slow burn, but it pays off quite nicely. Buscemi is on fire in this - indeed, most everyone on the show delivers like champs.

True Blood is OK. Not into all the hype that surround it, but it does have...

Deborah Ann Woll. Would.

Comment

• DAW 4 LYFE.

Carnivale would be a good follow up to True Detective if you're looking for the chase and hidden meaning stuff that True Detective doesn't have even though the Internet thought it did. It's also a slow burn and is very worthwhile even though it really plays out as the first act of a larger story.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        Pretty much everybody here but rob loved it. Rob liked it a lot but felt the ending fell flat if I understood him correctly.
                        IT wasn't the ending. It was the fact the show was not about the crimes at all which is what I thought it was going to be about. It left me with too many unanswered questions but it was still really well made and the acting was superb.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• True Blood is FUCKING TERRIBLE.
                          GIRLS is FUCKING TERRIBLE
                          Treme I cannot speak for.
                          Boardwalk Empire lost me halfway through the first season.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            IT wasn't the ending. It was the fact the show was not about the crimes at all which is what I thought it was going to be about. It left me with too many unanswered questions but it was still really well made and the acting was superb.
                            Which questions did it not answer? Not being a smart ass just curious.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xbO61Nd0Jlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• fucking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X