No announcement yet.

TRUE DETECTIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorff's 90s look is some GQ shit. He's so good.

Comment

• "one super hot lady"?! Put some respect on Alexandra D'Addario's name, Rob!

I like the new season so far. Kinda frustrating they're not answering anything even though the pile of questions is already as big as a mountain. But Ali and Dorff are really good so far so I'll roll with it.

Comment

• and that's my problem. After the limp dick shit of the first one with nothing being answered, I'm not a fan. I don't need EVERYTHING answered as I'm the asshole who still fucking loves LOST but just having questions to have questions is silly and doesn't make a show.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Dorff has been killing it, actually. As good as Ali is, Dorff is honestly the one to watch this season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see his career get a major upswing from his work here. Episode 3, while kinda a wheel spinning episode, is a really nice showcase for him.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Definitely the best episode so far.

Comment

• The Scoot, Dorff, Ali triumvirate has been solid as Iraq.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                and that's my problem. After the limp dick shit of the first one with nothing being answered, I'm not a fan. I don't need EVERYTHING answered as I'm the asshole who still fucking loves LOST but just having questions to have questions is silly and doesn't make a show.
                I figure your expectations were probably unfairly aligned with something it was never going to lead into.

But to say it “didn’t answer anything” is demonstrably false.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It has been years since I've seen it but didjt the ending not tell us anything of interest in regards to the weird totems and shit? I mostly remember Hannibal kicking this shows ass in both interesting stuff happening and plot questions being answered. All I remember is McHeyHey talking about time is a flat circle and being incredibly let down by the non ending.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• In fact I was the asshole that preferred the terrible second season.

Comment

• The second season isn't terrible. People just wanted the same show again. Colin deserved a dozen Emmy wins.

Comment

• for the record I don't think it's terrible, but everyone else seemed to hate it.

Comment

It has been years since I've seen it but didjt the ending not tell us anything of interest in regards to the weird totems and shit? I mostly remember Hannibal kicking this shows ass in both interesting stuff happening and plot questions being answered. All I remember is McHeyHey talking about time is a flat circle and being incredibly let down by the non ending.
                          The totems were part of the ritual rites with the kids being “interfered with,” placed there by the killer post-ritual.

Those elements of the plot though were not the full reasoning behind the story in the first place. The significance of the case was in finding a way back onto the path of good for the broken men from a broken world (Marty and Rust).

Marty making peace with his mistakes and wasted life in pursuit of the things that didn’t end up mattering to him at all, and Rust (who’s arc is the whole impetus for the story) has an answer for all the grief and misery foisted upon himself and the world he inhabits, where evil exists but their crusade was a righteous one.

The guilt of never being able to let go of the obsession brought each man to the brink of annihilation, but they survived the worst punishment time and rot could throw at them.

The story of their partnership is intrinsic to the case, and the setup of their bond and schism plays in the background while a very by the numbers noir plot develops, but the change that comes about in the finale is all extremely character-driven while also solving the decades long “herr durn it?”

It may not be for everybody (personally I thought Hannibal was overwrought and at times tasteless trash with how it made violent, wretched people into artists. It was absolutely removed from reality and that just isn’t what I look for in crime storytelling. But that is my parenthetical opinion.), but it works extremely well as a character crime drama with its share of existential crises.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

In fact I was the asshole that preferred the terrible second season.
                            The memes gave it new life. Caspere knew this.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• All great points Russ. Obviously I'm in the minority for wanting something different out of the show as opposed to what was presented.

Comment

• Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see a creative team worth their salt try and tackle something that is directly concerning existential horror.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X