No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad: SEASON 5... the first half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Jack made a joke about Lydia's pussy being a woodchipper.
    Vince Gilligan (in TALKING BAD) made a hint that wood working would play into the finale.

Are they going to do a FARGO on somebody?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That was a glorious episode.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I saw an editorial this morning that said, no matter what, the finale will be underwhelming but I'm not so sure. Everything has been so on point that it would take a colossal fuck-up for that to happen.

Even the worst case scenario, where the Nazis get away with everything, Skyler goes to prison, And Jesse is forever a cook slave, would be in line with how the Breaking Bad world (and, let's be honest, the real world) operates. Sure, that's not really emotionally satisfying but I'd be satisfied that they didn't break "code", so to speak.

Comment

• I want to see Todd's brains hit the lens next week, as Jesse unloads a whole clip into his head, screaming 'YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH, BIIIIIITTTTCCCCHHHH!!!!'

I could hear my own brain repeating, 'Come on, Jesse' as he was hanging from that cage. Moments later, I said, 'Oh shit' out loud. Once again, the second half of the episode was mostly me sat with my hand over my mouth and, at points, tears in my eyes.

Walt is CLEARLY gonna die of natural causes or accept his death at whoever's hands now - but before he goes, he's gonna change his legacy for the better. Next week is gonna be an hour of non-stop awesome - there is nothing else to setup, no more to be wrapped up other than the right people living and the right people dying.

Around the start of season 5, I said that this was a great show, up there with some of the best I've seen, but that it could never supplant The Wire from the top spot. The level of emotional impact this final season has had on me in the watching and re-watching and the smartness of the writing, directing, cinematography and acting could well make this my favourite show ever. Short of it all being a dream, there's not much Gilligan can do to fuck that up now.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Oh yeah, and:

Spoiler: casting spoilers already mentioned above 
            Robert Forster! Fuck to the yeah! That whole opening was perfect (when are they not?)
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Yeah, having Max Cherry there was pretty much perfect, and he played it exactly right.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Who won't be up for an Emmy from these last 8?
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Hopefully Flynn....
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I just love how they made Grey Matter the catalyst. There at the beginning, and back at the end. Loved that bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      I just love how they made Grey Matter the catalyst. There at the beginning, and back at the end. Loved that bit.
                      Yes.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The ricin is for those guys...served over a bowl of ramen. hahah

Comment

• Lulz, but seriously it's like they're reminding us of the shitty stuff that set Walt down his road of never ending bad choices. Granted he's still a colossal grade A prick for some of the shit he's done but I still kind of understand why he started all of this. That grimace Walt had when the grey matter bro said he was basically nothing to them was soooooo great.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Joking aside, RJ Mitte has had two very tough scenes these past 2 weeks - the realisation of what's been going on the last 5 seasons and that phone call - and he did a fine job of both of them. Those are both scenes that would have been very easy to overplay or undersell and he did neither. I'm not saying give the kid an Emmy, I'm just saying he's come a long way as an actor since the beginning.

Comment

• Finally saw this. And yeah, it's good stuff. I absolutely loved the ending. And while I'm really sick of Walt and I hope he gets his comeuppance, I'm a sucker for righteous rage, and I get the feeling he's going to go Sam Jackson all over some deserving people's asses.

At the end it'll be Jesse and Walt. And I have no clue how that's going to go.
                              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Walt gets shot in the back. The constant references to things like Scarface and Jesse James say so.

Comment

Working...
                                X