HELL ON WHEELS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELL ON WHEELS

The pilot episode was a decent setup, but the second episode sealed the deal for me. It's not perfect yet...it has some pacing issues and they need to fix the sound mix so that you can more clearly understand the dialog...but the ingredients are there for this to be a killer show. I like the characters, both main and supporting, and I like their plot threads. The look and feel is nicely dirty, and the soundtrack is suitably ominous. Good stuff.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Episode three was good but a bit slow. They really need to start covering more ground per installment.
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Yup, I'm sticking with it for now, but if the pace doesn't step up I won't be coming back for much more.

Comment

Pretty close to being done with this too. Why the fuck did AMC not handle Rubicon like Walking Dead and Hell On Wheels I will never get.

Comment

Didn't bother me that I forgot this was on last night. Guess I'm done with it. Shame, I'm a sucker for a good western, but this has not been one yet.

Comment

Recorded it, plan on watching tomorrow. Sticking with it for now.

Comment

I've got them on DVR, if I hear that it's come around I'll pick it back up. I'll probably use its time slot to catch up on Boardwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I've got them on DVR, if I hear that it's come around I'll pick it back up. I'll probably use its time slot to catch up on Boardwalk.
                I endorse this (horse of) course of action.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Got caught up. It's still slow, but I'm still digging it overall. Wes Studi is aces as the Indian chief, and I like the plotline with him and his Christian son. I also enjoy the really complicated relationship between Cullen and Common, and their boxing match was great.

Previews make it look like shit is gonna explode soon.

Comment

The last episode was great. Legitimately great. We had a solid shootout, a fantastic bitch slap, and some good political double crossing. Previews seem.to indicate that we've got more good stuff in store for us.

Comment

Last episode was a cock tease...all foreplay with no main event. That seems to be de rigeur for this show. It looks like we're gonna have a good slaughter next week, at least.

Comment

Season one ended well. They didn't cop out on the dark direction of Cullen's character at all, so season two should be really interesting.

Of note: Tom Noonan has kicked ass. He decapitated someone last week and had a great speech about embracing hate in the finale. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X