Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Biggest Loser

Ok.

I don't watch very much in the way of TV but this is one show that I do manage to consistently watch (although the Australian version is about 1 million times better - the temptation challenges in the Australian one all revolve around alcohol and stuff people really do in life, they swear at each other and they show way more about how they contestants train and learn stuff - format is 5 1hr episodes a week, so they get more time to do all of that I guess, but still).

The thing I've noticed the last 3 or 4 seasons is that people treat this show as the only hope they have in life for losing weight. I don't think this is a very good thing, it's like the same attitude many people have about being on reality TV of any kind. I also hate that they never really seriously address any of the psychological reasons behind the dramatic weight gains. They sort of gloss over that aspect with a 2 minute per episode "A bloo bloo bloo let it all out" one-on-one between a trainer (who is not a therapist) and a single contestant.

I still watch because the transformations people go through are amazing and uplifting, but it's strange how the show has basically built up this cult belief that it is the only option for some people you know?

Also, Anna Kournikova is a trainer. Sort of ridiculous, but she's so damned hot you forget about her wildly incompetent as a trainer ways. They got rid of the boxer and Brazilian martial arts trainers from last season, which was also surprising. The new trainer seems good though.
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Haven't watched it in a while,but I used to every week. The Australian version sounds much better!
    “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

Working...
    X