Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    YES. Hope this happens!

And I agree - I'm sort of glad a lot of the Sunday shows I watch are taking breaks or had their season finales already. Lots of good stuff this year (Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire), and stuff that failed to deliver (glares at Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels).

Reminds me I have the last two episodes of Boardwalk Empire DVR'ed - gotta watch 'em soon.

Comment

We haven't watched any but the first two or three of Boardwalk. Will probably catch up over xmas.

Comment

Enjoy those Tim. They are fucking outstanding.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Weed Wars is a fucking joke. I know I have a different opinion about the subject than at least a few folks here but come on... These guys are deluding themselves and the emotional manipulation by the producers of the show only helps to feed that delusion.

Comment

haha, yep. I also want to smack that dress guy in the head.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Uncow Gus View Post
              Enjoy those Tim. They are fucking outstanding.
              Absolutely intend to - while this season isn't quite as amped up as last season was when it found its footing, the last few episodes I saw started building to something huge. Jimmy's storyline with his rise to power, the drama with Margaret, Van Alden's legal and baby problems - great stuff. Oh, and Buscemi fuckin' rules.

Comment

Boardwalk Empire did nothing for me.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Now that's shocking.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

No harm, no foul, Rob. Compared to Sons of Anarchy, the show is a slow burn, and this show thrives on character pieces and drama moreso than on the action. But when it needs to, this show will pull a rabbit out of its hat that will leave you speechless if you'd put the time in earlier (Jimmy's wife, for example - HOLY SHIT).

Plus, the performances - not a clinker in the bunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      No harm, no foul, Rob. Compared to Sons of Anarchy, the show is a slow burn, and this show thrives on character pieces and drama moreso than on the action. But when it needs to, this show will pull a rabbit out of its hat that will leave you speechless if you'd put the time in earlier (Jimmy's wife, for example - HOLY SHIT).

Plus, the performances - not a clinker in the bunch.
                      There's one clinker. One with a hipster bush. Thankfully she's on sabbatical from most of the second season.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hey, you take whatever bush you find on cable. Hipster be damned.

Comment

• http://io9.com/5867059/val-kilmers-m...live/gallery/1

Good to see Val embracing the suck.

Comment

• I think I <3 crazy kilmer more and more every day.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Anyone watching Homeland around here?

This season has been pretty stelar, with one episode left. Pretty much the best thing on TV right now this side of Breaking Bad for me. The leads, especially Claire Danes do outstanding work here. She deserves an Emmy for her performance for sure. But the secret weapon is surely Mandy Patinkin. Just a great subdued and sublime performance.

The show is pretty much the intelligent version of 24. Incidentally the have the same showrunner. And it shows. But whereas 24 dwelled on twists for twist sake, this one is based on characters first and foremost, some missteps not withstanding. Usually the quiet moments are the ones that make the show. Which is not to say that this show delivers the bangs in spades as well. Oh, and nudity!

If they donĀ“t drop the ball spectaculary in the last episode, this one is a keeper. Strongly recommended!

Comment

• Heard it's great Jan, just haven't seen it yet. Another xmas vacation show I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X