No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to watch the last episode of The Wire.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Thoughts on The Wire finale

Spoiler: spoilerzs 
      It was pretty good, not great, but good. It's sad to know that after 5 years nothing has changed at all in Baltimore. Dookie being an addict suckkkksss,,, Mike being the new Omar worked for me, Namond and Bunny were great, Marlo not being able to be Bell worked, the shit with McNulty/Freeman seemed to be glossed over way too fast, Omar getting shot by that fucking little kid was weaksauce though. I hate that we were robbed of a Marlo/Omar showdown...Mike shooting Snoop was perfect "How's my hair look?"

It was a pretty good show but I didn't think it was the BEST SHOW EVER MADE. To be honest I actually enjoyed The Shield much more as a whole. That being said, good stuff and now we're on to OZ.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• God the last couple seasons of OZ are so fucking weird. HEY GUYS SCIFI EXPERIMENTS HOW BOUT IT

Comment

• I know and I FUCKING LOVE IT.

Comment

• I agree with Rob on the fact that Omar needed and deserved a better exit.

My biggest HOLY SHIT from the finale? That the shithead reporter won a Pulitzer prize.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• HOUSE OF CARDS (on Netflix)

We got through episodes 1 and 2 last night. This is pretty damned great so far.

Quick premise: Kevin Spacey is the Majority Whip in Congress, and he helped the newly elected president get elected. In return, he was promised a cabinet position in the new administration. Well, the president reneges on the deal and leaves Spacey in congress ('he needs you there'). Spacey is pissed, so he works his power behind the scenes to essentially fuck over the administration.

Great stuff with some truly dark humor to it. Spacey is constantly breaking the 4th wall and talking to the audience, letting us in on what's really going on in any given scene. He does it with panache and charm. The supporting cast is all really solid, and the writing is top notch.

Good stuff. Check it out.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Crying with laughter at The Inbetweeners.

After Jay shoots off the flare in the harbor:
                "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT?"
                "To get the sea police out!"
                "For what? To say 'we caught a fish'?!!?!?" and then Neil punching the fish to death absolutely ruined me.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I need to see that. I know MTV aped it but never caught that one either.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finished The Wire this morning.

Spoiler: endgame 
                    oh man, Dukie. Sadface to infinity.

It was certainly a "more things change, the more they stay the same" ending but I liked it overall. I was mostly happy that Bubbs turned out okay and Lester was able to retire happily. I can('t) believe fuckin' VALCHEK got the Commissioner spot.

Comment

• That's life. That's the whole point of it.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Finished HOUSE OF CARDS last night.

It doesn't end as strongly as it begins, but it's still well worth the time and effort. It definitely sets up S2 to be a whopper.

Spacey was amazing (as usual), but Robin Wright was the revelation. I can see her picking up an award for this come the next Emmy Awards.

Comment

• Tim's got HIMYM & 2 Broke Girls tonight. Tomorrow night new NCIS!
                          Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Robot Combat Fighting. So very, very, bad.

It made me sad last night.

Comment

• holy shit to workaholics this season. Tonight had Carl as Jimmy Hart. awesome.

Comment

• I'm sporadically watching Workaholics on Netflix, still in season one. PLEASE tell me B-Rad is a recurring character.

Comment

Working...
                                X