No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks when a series that starts out good limps across the finish line. Lesley was in the same boat. Lesley just finished that Meghan and Harry docu series. Not sure if you watched that or not, but she seemed to enjoy it for what it was. Personally, as the non-immortal Sex Pistols once said, "God save the Queen,'Cause tourists are money."
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
      Plowed through the final season of The Crown. It had glimmers of what it once was, but generally didn’t care for this season. Maybe because it’s too “close”, but it just felt far more speculative than the previous seasons. And like a runner who is within sight of the finish line and basically dragging their body down the homestretch to get there.

I’ll continue to rewatch the first two seasons because I genuinely like them. After that, meh.

Now on to Dial of Destiny.
      Seasons 5 and 6 weren't great, agreed. Probably recency issues.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Monarch is fucking dope. Ep 9 was fantastic. Digging the hell out of this show. Rewatched Invasion so we can plow through season 2. Forgot how much I dug that show. Fargo is kicking ass this season, and this documentary about a blood cult on Hulu with the leader whose name is Ervil is fucking nuts.

Yeah, lots of tv lately.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Rewatching The Good Place for probably the 10th time. Because everything sucks, drumpf is probably going to get reelected and the world is a dumpster fire, so I need some comfort.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER INGRID. But not the worst choice of a show to rewatch for the 10th time.

Finished Monarch. Dope.

Finished For all Mankind. Dope.
              Spoiler: stupid speculative nonsense 
            last season I made a joke about how this show is going to be a backdoor to an Expanse prequel type thing, then the latest season REALLY felt like it
            to the point that my dad speedran the whole season while he was sick and he texted me "Is this a prequel to..." Made me laugh. Basically I want one more of Mankind and more of the other one for sure.

Invasion S2 - 3 eps in and it's like a focus group was like "Hey, people didn't like how slow the pace was in the first one even though it fleshed out characters..what if we go full sci-fi movie right off the bat and just keep going. Ok. We'll see where this goes.

Fargo. GOT DAMN. Best season since the first one by far. Juno Temple was amazing and holy shit did Jon Hamm bring the goods. That finale was great.

Comment

• Love on the Spectrum - SEASON 2. SO GOOD SO FAR. Dani is still the worst, James still sucks and I feel bad for his parents, and the new people so far are all super cute and nice. Oh yeah, and the Disney princess lady is back and so is her boyfriend. LOVE THEM. So happy it's back with a new season.

Comment

• True Detective: Night Country - so far it's fantastic. If there is no payoff like the first one I will forever give up on this fucking series.

Comment

• Finished Invasion Season 2. I know the Canuck hates it and finds it the most offensive science fiction to ever have existed in decades, and I can agree that it is the slowest of burns, but the payoffs are great imo. If we get a final season, I'll be happy. Is it the best thing in the world? Nah. Is it boring sometimes if you don't like a building story with characters you are meant to care about? Sure. But goddamn if that design of the fucking alien in season 1 isn't one of the coolest looking alien lifeform. Truly alien and scary imo.

There are countless other shows/movies that have done this, and in some cases much better, so I'm not saying drop everything and watch this, but if you have Apple+ and you're looking for something to try, it can't hurt. 3 eps then dip the fuck out is my motto.

Comment

• The 3 ep doc on Amazon called The Greatest Show Never Made is fucking nuts and I highly recommend it. All about the reality show boom in early 00's, British people, and shenanigans that could never happen today. Well, unless you're my grandma.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Checked out HALO as I never made it past the first ep when it first dropped. Did the first 3 eps and I'm digging it a bit once I realized that I do not know anything about the Halo universe or whatever besides shooty shooty and Team Pink. If they are ruining the "story" it does not bother me as of yet. The FX waver from GREEN SCREEN TO THE MAX to GOTDAMN THAT ELDER LOOKS DOOOOOOPE.

Whatever, it got 2 seasons and I shall check them out.

also, True Detective this season is still fucking awesome.

Comment

• True Detective OWNED this season. Loved it. Start to finish this whole season worked for me.

Comment

• This last season of Curb is shaping up to be a great one. Holy shit though...it's like watching a re-animated corpse of Richard Lewis be digitally moved by puppeteers. I thought he had moved onto the next plane of existence at this point and then he showed up and he looks like a wax figure. That being said, they at least make a great joke around it that will no doubt pay off by the end.

Leon continues to own.

Comment

• Almost done with The Curse (Lesley isn't as a big a fan as I am, so it's slow going getting through it) but jfc every episode is just one long anxiety attack. I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT DOUGIE AND WTF HIS DEAL IS.

Half way through the first season of Halo and still enjoying it. I was hoping it would pull a BSG regarding Lesley digging it after 3-4 eps, but nope. So now I can binge it. Is it the best thing? No. BUT after ep 3 shit gets real and I'm having fun with it. Enough fun where I'm thinking about going through the entire series again (well, not the first one again as I already beat that fucking thing a dozen times) but it brings back good memories of Team Pink.

Cortana (not really a spoiler, she's in the games ffs) is my favorite part thus far and that is what got me on board this time around. Either way, so much to watch and I like spending my time on schlock atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                True Detective OWNED this season. Loved it. Start to finish this whole season worked for me.
                                We really enjoyed it as well.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X