No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob why are you not watching Small Town Security?!

Comment

• No idea. Never recorded it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's so deep into your wheelhouse, you're missing out. Pretty AMC has it on demand.

Comment

• Stuck in Frasier Land for the last few days. Niles is the man.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched Collection Intervention. It's like the perfect non depressing mix of hoarders and intervention with stuff that is actually neat to see. The one couple's collection of SW stuff was fucking CRAZY. Ari would be totes jelly.

Comment

• What channel is that on? Might actually want to see that one.

Comment

• sci-fi channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                  Watched Collection Intervention. It's like the perfect non depressing mix of hoarders and intervention with stuff that is actually neat to see. The one couple's collection of SW stuff was fucking CRAZY. Ari would be totes jelly.
                  I caught the last 20 minutes of it. The Star Wars collection was freaking nuts. You really have to be careful when it comes to Star Wars shit. You could pay anywhere from $10 for a Hasbro figure to $8,000 for a life size Sideshow statue. I have come to realize that just choosing one specific Star Wars item to collect works OK.

Since the kid has taken over the toy room, and I haven't time/money to convert the garage into a room, my collection is currently everywhere. And last week I came home with: 3 Marvel Legend figures, 1 Earthworm Jim figure, & Series 2 of S.L.U.G. Zombies. This week is: 1 He-Man figure, 1 DC figure, 1 Voltron figure, and a Sideshow Star Wars cantina display.

Sarah is about ready to crack.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I loved how the guy offered her 500 bucks for about 15 loose figures (some from a few years ago) and she passed.

Comment

• I've been watching Star Trek: DS9. Just finished season 1. It was OK, nothing amazing, but OK. I hear it gets better. Should I continue, or is DS9 a waste of time? I've seen almost all the original and Next Gen episodes and I don't have much interest in Voyager (and even less for Enterprise).

Comment

• I always thought DS9 was boring as fuck.

Comment

I loved how the guy offered her 500 bucks for about 15 loose figures (some from a few years ago) and she passed.
                          Shit, I missed that. I would take that in a heartbeat for loose figures that aren't from the 80s.

Comment

I always thought DS9 was boring as fuck.
                            Yeah, it's pretty much been The Wacky Misadventures of People Stuck in One Spot so far.

Comment

• yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                I caught the last 20 minutes of it. The Star Wars collection was freaking nuts. You really have to be careful when it comes to Star Wars shit. You could pay anywhere from $10 for a Hasbro figure to $8,000 for a life size Sideshow statue. I have come to realize that just choosing one specific Star Wars item to collect works OK.

Since the kid has taken over the toy room, and I haven't time/money to convert the garage into a room, my collection is currently everywhere. And last week I came home with: 3 Marvel Legend figures, 1 Earthworm Jim figure, & Series 2 of S.L.U.G. Zombies. This week is: 1 He-Man figure, 1 DC figure, 1 Voltron figure, and a Sideshow Star Wars cantina display.

Sarah is about ready to crack.
                                I was in the same boat collecting-wise. I finally decided to just stick to one range of figures (Mego-esque) from now on, and even then, I only get the stuff that interests me. Everything else goes by the wayside. I have friends who collect, however, who have so much stuff that even they get depressed that their collections have taken over their lives.

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                I've been watching Star Trek: DS9. Just finished season 1. It was OK, nothing amazing, but OK. I hear it gets better. Should I continue, or is DS9 a waste of time? I've seen almost all the original and Next Gen episodes and I don't have much interest in Voyager (and even less for Enterprise).
                                DS9 does get better eventually, especially when they hit the Dominion stuff in season three.

As for Voyager, I only got interested after Seven of Nine joined the crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X