What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    We started WOMAN OF THE DEAD last night on Netflix. We got through three (of six) episodes.
    This show is kinda nuts. I won't spoil anything but this definitely goes places that I was not expecting, mainly with the main character.
    I can't verify if the show sticks the landing or not but I'll finish it off. It's too crazy not to see where it's going to end.

Basic non-spoilery premise for the first 15 minutes of episode 1: The main character is an Austrian mortician who is clairvoyant (can talk to the dead). Her husband is a police officer who gets killed in an apparent accident. But is it an accident? She's going to find out.

If you're going to watch it, go in clean. Seriously.
    Finished this. It stuck the landing so yeah, recommended.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• We are 3 or 4 episodes into The Peripheral on Amazon. Pretty good. I saw it's based on a William Gibson novel and that makes a ton of sense. They've got a top tier collection of character actors around Chloe Grace Moretz. The only thing that bugs is so minimal, and it's the fact Chloe has an extreme Georgia plantation gentry accent and the "staff sergeant" (forgot his name) has an extremely down in the swamp Louisiana creole accent going...which doesn't fit the Blue Ridge Mountains at all.

Comment

• We really liked THE PERIPHERAL.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• On the watch list.

Just finished SAS (it’s really fucking fun), now it’s the wife choosing Cleo on Netflix. Let’s see how it goes.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Last of Us

Enjoyed the first episode. I thought the first part, the escape from Austin, was really good. The second part moving to Boston felt way more "video game" to me. I was sitting on it today, and I think it's because of the extremely beat you over the head video game style environmental story telling going on. I could feel Neil Druckmann's hand being like "no this was in the game, if it isn't in the show people won't understand" and just not getting that TV and video games are different.

Overall enjoyable though.

Comment

• I wish they would have pulled some shenanigans and
                Spoiler: supid spoilers in a multiverse kind of a way 
              and killed Joel off in the beginning, his daughter becomes new Joel, and her and Ellie do their thing
              Seeing as this is gonna be pretty close to the games from what I gather kind of allows me to sort of second screen it cause I know the beats, but I dug that whole first 35 mins. I also dig that Fringe is in it. Don't know her name, but love her.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• For all Mankind is really good.

Almost done with the firstseason.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• We really, really liked episode one of THE LAST OF US. Quality work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    I also dig that Fringe is in it. Don't know her name, but love her.
                    This was literally Sarah's only takeaway from it.

Comment

• Anna Torv, guys.

Comment

• Still enjoying The Peripheral a lot. The Irish hitman is cool as hell. It was also nice and kind of surprising to enjoy the fact that a good guy isn't an idiot and when they have the bad guy down they just double tap him and make sure they're not coming back.

Comment

• That season 1 finale of For all Mankind was fucking legit space shit. I kept waiting for Ron Moore to
                            Spoiler: spoilers 
                          have that Russian show up in the background during her speech near the end
                          especially since he was just staring at it as Robocop launched into space.

Fuckin' Deak man. That one scene, you know it, was a bummer man and even with the apology it was like, oh yeah, it's the fucking 70s.

Then thank god I didn't turn it off because of that stinger. Then season 2 opener is all like "WHAT IF: AMERICA?" the show and I was all pumped for more.

Can't believe I slept on this. So gooooooooood.

Comment

• Started TREASON on Netflix. Meh. Noped out at the end of episode 1.
                            Started INSIDE MAN on Netflix. Much better.

Comment

• Glad you enjoy Billy! Its FUN.

And Matt, that’s the spy shit with Daredevil and Olga Superhotenko?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Glad you enjoy Billy! Its FUN.

And Matt, that’s the spy shit with Daredevil and Olga Superhotenko?
                                yep, that's the one. didn't care for it. Charlie Cox is totally miscast and everyone is an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X