What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    The Third Actress is only bad when she's trying to be angry...and the writing is having her do that alot. /posted from a FB rant I had this weekend:
    this is dead on. Honestly, the actress (Moses Ingram) is fine in that she has good presence in the role. She's just saddled with terrible dialog and poor direction.
    There's no fixing the kid playing young Leia though. That was a complete botch in casting. Considering all of the incredible young talent that we're seeing out there in child/young adult actors in other venues, there's simply no excuse for this.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Young Leia is 200 times worse than anything Third Sister is dealing with. They were like "can we do worse than Jake Lloyd? Yes, yes we can."

Comment

• Yeah, the AppleTv app is pretty sweet. It's how I watch my stories in the bedroom as I have 4k Apple Tv device in the living room.

Spoiler: spoilers for Obi Wan 
        Not only does that battle lessen the impact of A New Hope, it bring NOTHING to the table in terms of character development. Vader could totally be in this, but he never should have fought Obi and if anything they should have saved the reveal to Obi that Anakin was still alive until near the end. A bigger plot point that better get fixed is the whole "You and my father fought in the Clone Wars...Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...." speech that Leia give in a New Hope...

So she'll reference that her dad and Obi fought together but NOT that Obi fucking saved her from Flea, trekked around the galaxy, etc... with her? The last episode better have Obi using his "You don't need to see his papers..." trick on Leia and wiping her memory of him but again, even that is silly.

As much as I love Ewan, the story they went with here should have been changed before it got this far...but maybe...just mayyyybe they'll stick the landing.

I did think Anakin getting all suited up was pretty fucking sweet though. And it's nuts how they are using AI for the Vader voice. I legit thought it was JEJ doing it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This show is really making the plot holes made during the prequels look like minor typos in comparison. When they hit that checkpoint why didn't Ben just say *hand wave* we are farmers visiting family. You'll let us go now.

Don't tell me he is out of practice. We know he had been and old man doing jack shit forever and he pulled off a Jedi mind trick like a hot knife through butter in A New Hope. These shows have done nothing but write the "heroes" to be WWE Faces. The most incompetent stupid dumb sacks of shit that never actually pull off heroics. They just get lucky or "succeed" through even dumber choices by the bad guys.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• HoLY SHIT THE NEW RESIDENT EVIL SHOW LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING.

No secret around here that RE is one of my favorite properties and I loved the remake BUT I also know we'll never get the sequel it deserves. If this can stick the landing, then I'll be totally fine with that.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• More importantly, the trailers for SANDMAN and 1899 both fucking rule. 1899 comes from the makers of DARK, one of the single best shows that I've ever watched, so I'm all the hell in.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I wish that Addams Family show wasn't directed by Tim Burton.

Comment

• Nah, I have hopes that maybe this will be toned down as why not? He has to make everything so Tim Burtony- would be hilarious if this property was toned down. Plus, nothing can top the Sonnenfield flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      More importantly, the trailers for SANDMAN and 1899 both fucking rule. 1899 comes from the makers of DARK, one of the single best shows that I've ever watched, so I'm all the hell in.
                      I know nothing about SANDMAN except it was a comic that I always skipped as a kid because it didn't have enough speed lines and pouches for my taste.

But this trailer does look pretty fucking sweet.

Comment

• Got to the Wife Stuff in Severance. We both let out a "holy shit." I am no longer worried about this show not paying off.

John Turturro letting out a MOTHAFUCKA and raising his blood pressure was some classic shit.

Comment

• It's so great. So glad I made it past the first episode.
                            Spoiler: minor spoilers and then slightly more spoilers 
                          The shit about the show being Adam Scott doing the Severance shit because of his dead wife and not wanting to deal with it HIT WAY TOO CLOSE for me. Like, legit put me into a spiral the rest of the night after watching it. Then they do that twist and make her part of the job and it was like DUUUUUDE WHAT?!
                          and I was so glad I pushed through. Turturro is amazing. He has some amazing scenes, especially with Walken.

Comment

• I must agree that the show really only hit 'great' status with the episode 7 reveal. Episodes 8 and 9 then bring it home and open the door for a completely effing wild second season.

Comment

• New Netflix show The Imperfects

Looks fun. Nothing special, just a fun New Mutants type of show.

Comment

• New Apple + show Black Bird

Looks awesome. Love the cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X