No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, just spotted Edi Patterson from Righteous Gemstones on an old League episode. Somewhere in Season 6.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I feel like any comedy movie or series in the last decade she pops up before she had a starring role. We recognize her in shit all the time now.

Comment

• First episode of the new season of The Orville was really good. A much slower tempo than the first two seasons, but I really liked it. If the rest of the season is like this, it will definitely have been worth the wait.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Finished We Own This City. Felt real dumb when we realized the whole show was based on real people only by the last episode. Just figured it was a story set in Baltimore during the Freddie Grey stuff. Dug it a bunch.

The Staircase is ridiculous
            Spoiler: spoilers  
          didn't know about anything about this and now Billy's comment about the owl makes sense....
          and again, still don't like seeing Collette die in the recreations but the one with the thing in spoilers was ridiculous.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
            First episode of the new season of The Orville was really good. A much slower tempo than the first two seasons, but I really liked it. If the rest of the season is like this, it will definitely have been worth the wait.
            Can't wait. Gonna watch this when Lesley is in Seattle. Really wish she liked this show.

Bummed to hear that The Boys may go the way of Preacher. Never finished that show.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Avoid INTERCEPTOR on Netflix. It's really, really bad.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Okidoki

So ep. 7 of Stranger Things really tied things together. Like, all the shit.

Loved it.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I did too. I thought this season rocked in general but episode 7 was effing fantastic.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Welp, guess I'm not going to get closure with Raised by Wolves. HBO cancelled the third season. It's a shame because it was the truest sci-fi show to have come out in years. I'd rather have weird shit like this than more Star Trek or Star Wars shows. It didn't always stick the landing, but it was interesting as fuck. I still recommend it as those two seasons were pretty fucking cool but I really hope someone else picks this up but it's expensive.

Checked out the first episode of Night Sky on amazon. Sissy Spasek and J.K. Simmons are an old couple who have a crazy thing in their shed that allows them to do a crazy thing. I mean, they say what it is in the description but I say just quickly click on the episode without reading it if you can. They show what it is within the first 10 mins but still....The ending of the first episode is gonna get this show another few eps from me. It's a bit sad but interesting.

Still need to finish Outer Range but goddamn that pacingggg....it's why I tried the show above and even with it's slow pace, it turns out I love J.K. Simmons more than Josh Brolin.

Comment

• Yeah, we checked out on Outer Range despite not having many shows to watch right now.

I started on Severance. I think I am like 4 episodes deep? Maybe 5. My issue with all the mystery box shows is fucking Lost. I still feel so burnt by Lost that I can't watch any show like this without the worry of "is this going to be a fucking waste of my time?" So far I am loving it though, because the cast is incredible. Turturro is doing some career work here. I hope they really did up the makeup on Adam Scott because he looks like shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Also, does Airplay fucking blow for everyone? This show constantly skips, pauses, disconnects/reconnects, bitrate goes up and down when scenes cut to new scenes. It's the only streaming service I have any of these issues with. I googled it and apparently it's a big issue and Apple's support just says "your wifi sux lol" which fuck off I got gig wifi flowing in this house.

Comment

• Airplay? Just get the Apple app for your xbox or whatever. Unless you're pirating in which case no clue man.

And Severance nails the landing and we're getting more so that's great and stop being burnt by LOST if only because at least now you don't have to wait weeks and months between episodes. You can tell pretty quickly if it's gonna be a waste of time (i.e. Outer Range at least so far....)

GIMME THAT WAFFLE PARTY.

Comment

• Airplay is the Apple version of Chromecast. I am sending it from my phone to the TV which is Airplay compatible.

Oh, also caught up on Kenobi. I don't think the Third Sister actress is bad, but I do think the show is doing a great job of making her a shit character. All the give her is grumbling and the roof running scene? Why is she running like a WEREWOLF.

Speaking of streaming services, Disney+ always turns on captions when I put on Kenobi. I checked for a default and can't find anything saying always have on captions.

Comment

• The Third Actress is only bad when she's trying to be angry...and the writing is having her do that alot. /posted from a FB rant I had this weekend:

Spoiler: spoilers for Obi wan 
                            Shit like this is why I can't be fully on board with Obi-Wan. Between this, the terrible acting of the third sister (she's great when she's not trying to act angry and the character is awesome) the slowest foot chase after a child, a fan filmesque lightsaber fight, Vader stopping his attack on Obi thanks to fire (?)....I love Ewan but there is absolutely no threat to any of the main characters because we know they will make it out unscathed. I'd rather have just gotten some Obi adventures with out Leia, Darth, etc...I know it could pull together by the end, but I'm having some serious doubts. I apologize to Jamie for giving him shit about his gripes during the first episode.
                            Wish they would just get away from all of these characters fully. Shit, gimme a Cal Kestis show or (only half serious) a Galen Marek show if they feel the need to not just create new characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Airplay is the Apple version of Chromecast. I am sending it from my phone to the TV which is Airplay compatible.
                              So you have an AppleTV+ account to watch Severance or you have a downloaded copy and are sending it that way? I always assume that people have a console hooked up to their main tv in which case all the apps take care of all that.

Comment

• I have an Apple TV account, and in the Apple TV app the only way to send it to the TV is through the Airplay, chromecast isn't an option which is so dumb. I honestly didn't even think that there is an Xbox app for Apple TV. I will download that tonight.

And oh my god yes.
                                  Spoiler: spoilers for Obi-Wan 
                                The Obi Wan Vader faceoff sucked. They should NEVER come to blows in this series. It makes A New Hope less impactful in some ways. And didn't he fucking FORCE SHUT DOWN THE FLAMES seconds before?! Send some storm troopers around the fire! Jump through the fire. Force toss a storm trooper over it!

Comment

Working...
                                X