No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we did the first three eps of that last night. the first two (Conan and Marshawn) were ok but the Kumail one absolutely killed. Loved how Kumail and Will made each other break a few times.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Conan is my favorite so far. The shit with the sloppy sandwich had me dying. Will just adding more and more hot sauce while trying not to break was hilarious. "I love a good wet sandwich", and David Wain as the magician and Will's amazement at the magic tricks had me almost hyperventilating. That's how I am with magic. Lesley was like "THAT IS YOU WHEN YOU SEE MAGIC". Hopefully checking out the Kumail ep tonight.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The sloppy sandwich bit was the best part of the Conan ep for sure. Conan trying to play along and actually eat the food was awesome. The Marshawn ep really only had one moment that made me laugh, and that was when they went into the 2nd guy's underground shelter and Marshawn, on pure instinct, took the guy down when he came at them with the baseball bat.

I think my main issue with the Conan and Marshawn eps is that both 'actors' came in with the desire to play a character. As such, I think they missed a lot of the comedic prompts that may have made things work better. Kumail, on the other hand, appears to have come in and taken the total 'let's just see where this goes' approach and he's right there with Will the entire way. He gets every comedic prompt and subsequently is much more successful in getting Will Arnett to break. There's some absolutely killer stuff in there that I won't spoil.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          we did the first three eps of that last night. the first two (Conan and Marshawn) were ok but the Kumail one absolutely killed. Loved how Kumail and Will made each other break a few times.
          The stupid walk and notable sound bit made me wheeze laughing. Also "farnting"
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            We finished BOSCH (Amazon Prime) last night. Very solid show from beginning to end.

Up next: MURDERVILLE on Netflix. Looks like it could be a riot.
            Finished Bosch s6. Great as usual.

Watched the first 3 Murderville. The Marshawn and Conan episodes were hilarious. Kumail wasn’t into this. Couple of good ones, but he was stuck up.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The sloppy joes gag killed me.

And Rob, Expanse does a reverse Galactica.

Starts weaker, finishes amazing.
              Last edited by Martin; 02-07-2022, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• So is this Reacher series actually good? Why the fuck was the internet losing their minds over it this weekend?

Comment

• Abs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Finished Bosch s6. Great as usual.

Watched the first 3 Murderville. The Marshawn and Conan episodes were hilarious. Kumail wasn’t into this. Couple of good ones, but he was stuck up.
                    We had the opposite reaction on the first three eps of MURDERVILLE. Kumail's ep was the only one that worked from beginning to end, in our opinion.

Comment

• While I dug Conan and Kumail a bunch, Annie Murphy was fucking amazing with Will. Her self portrait and undercover cop persona was fucking hilarious. "I make the pancakes in a pan. Then boil them."

Comment

• haven't gotten to the remaining three yet. I've heard mixed on Annie's so far.

Comment

• The problem with this show is it's all completely subjective to your tastes in comedy. Like, I hated the Marshawn episodes because I don't care for him to begin with and you could tell he was out of his element. It takes effort and work to be good at improv. I wish they would get Ryan Stiles or Colin Mochrie, or shit, even Greg Proops in there.

Comment

• Another season done of Below Deck. I'm a sucker for this series and this season was pretty entertaining. It's on peacock if you have it. Side note: it's a reality show about mega yachts BUT 9 times out 10 the stews are hot as shit (or the crew deck for you ladies or germs, not judging), the drama is fantastic, and you'll see some rich fucks you just want to punch in the face. Popcorn media.

Comment

• Well Murderville.

i agree with Rob that a Whose Line guy would be amazing, but they’d upstage Will Arnett.

Strongest guest was Sharon Stone and Marshawn Lynch.

Worst? Ken Jeong. Outside Hangover and Community, he’s meh as fuck.

Overall, nice idea, poor execution.

Highest high was the Sloppy Joe gag.

Comment

• We finished REACHER last night. Overall, it's pretty solid. The season gets more and more generic as it progresses but it sticks the overall landing. We were more than satisfied with watching it for pure entertainment value.

I'll say this: Alan Richman was much, much better in this than the trailers indicated he'd be. He won't win any Emmy awards or anything but he definitely brings much more to the table than just being fucking HUGE.

Comment

Working...
                                X