No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the first two episodes of Station Eleven, then proceeded to have nightmares thanks to my booster shot. But it’s definitely worth checking out.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Finished Invasion. Totally recommend Invasion. Slow as fuck for the first 4 episodes and then the story opens up. Finale was dope. Can't wait (really hope) we get a second season.
      See, I fucking HATED it. Not as much as Another Life, but fuck. Slow, tedious, unlikable characters.

Apple TV had a much better show with Foundation. Compared to The Expanse, it’s weak, but compared to Invasion it’s amazing.

How the FUCK is Invasion costing 200 millions $? It looks cheap as FUCK.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I disagree about Invasion but I also found most of the Expanse not good compared to something like BSG. I only made it like 75% through the first season. I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it but I know I hated one of the main actresses (could never understand what they fuck they were saying) but I did want to give it another go now that it's over. With Invasion the fact that all of the characters felt real is what worked and sometimes didn't work for me. But the biggest reason I liked it was for the alien designs. They felt fucking alien for once and not just humanoid. I also didn't think it looked cheap but I also don't care how much someone else pays for something as it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I don't have stock in Apple haha. Plus the stuff with JASA really got to me. But again, everyone likes different shit so to each their own.
        Last edited by Abraham Smashington; 12-17-2021, 08:58 AM. Reason: additional thoughts
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• BSG was the shit till after New Caprica. Expanse took over.

I expected good on Invasion. So much potential, so much poorly written script. Yeah, the aliens were fucking cool, the after effect too. But so much was wasted. Where the fuck is the budget? It sure ain’t on sets, or actors. Hell, even crowd scenes were small.

huge disappointment for me. I’m a sucker for scifi.

Comment

• The only thing that slightly bothered me about BSG was the corner they wrote themselves in in regards to the final 5 or whatever. Felt rushed BUT overall that series is still one of the best scifi series ever.

If you're a sucker for scifi and haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend Childhood's End even though you and I disagree on Invastion. I recommended it to Ari and Ceej last year and they both loved it. May be up your alley if you haven't seen it. Short too, like a handful of episodes. PLUS CHARLES DANCE.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Awww yeah. I saw it! Classic classic story. DARK.

Comment

• just started ORPHAN BLACK. This is gonna be a fun ride!
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  just started ORPHAN BLACK. This is gonna be a fun ride!
                  Tatiana Maslany is in the top 5 actress in the world. You’ll understand why.

Also, Team Allison here.

Comment

• Orphan Black is incredible.

Comment

• Lesley is on a Scientology kick at the moment for some reason (as in how fucked it is and not how do I join?) so once I told her that Leah Remini docu-series was on Netflix she was pumped. Almost done with the first season and it's still super interesting how some hack like L.Ron could dupe so many people into joining this thing. The stuff I dig the most is the guy who used to be the right hand man to David Miscaviage in taking out people who spoke ill of it. The lengths they would go to is insane.

It also sparked some old ass memories of his Dianetics books and others being around my house when I was a kid. I also had a huge flashback when they showed the old commercial for it. This shit was on TV all the fucking time as a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Orphan Black is incredible.
                        I fell off of this in like season 3 I think. May need to try again. I dug it well enough but apparently not well enough to actually finish it. I am looking forward to Tatiana playing Jennifer Walters however. She is pretty great.

Comment

• we're mid way through S2 and loving ORPHAN BLACK. Holy cow is she a great actress.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Lesley is on a Scientology kick at the moment for some reason (as in how fucked it is and not how do I join?) so once I told her that Leah Remini docu-series was on Netflix she was pumped. Almost done with the first season and it's still super interesting how some hack like L.Ron could dupe so many people into joining this thing. The stuff I dig the most is the guy who used to be the right hand man to David Miscaviage in taking out people who spoke ill of it. The lengths they would go to is insane.

It also sparked some old ass memories of his Dianetics books and others being around my house when I was a kid. I also had a huge flashback when they showed the old commercial for it. This shit was on TV all the fucking time as a kid.
                            My dad had Dianetics and a couple of other self-help books in his library when I was a kid, and I was almost roped into a Scientology test when I was in college. Knew it was BS then, and I absolutely love it when Scientology gets raked over the coals. I do miss when the hacktivist group, Anonymous, waged war against Scientology back in the day.

Comment

• Rob, since you have Apple +, you might wanna check For All Mankind. Created by Ron Moore, it’s alternate history.

Russian arrived on the Moon first, due to Korolev not dying, hence propelling their Moon program.

Very underrated.

Comment

• Cowboy Bebop: Netflix.

It’s ok. John Cho and the main cast are solid. Vilain is GARBAGE. Sad it’s cancelled, but at least we have the real
                                one.

Comment

Working...
                                X