No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a run down of The Sopranos as a nightly ritual to cleanse myself of work related burnout and, it being the first time I have seen the series in totality, it really is quite an ambitious work that should be a template for any series wanting to remain consistent in tone. There are flights of fancy here and there and experimentation, but the groundwork for said extensions was built into the premise from day one so the diversions (aside from the choppy, somewhat experimental editing at times) feel naturalistic.

The comedown has been a bit more protracted than I had expected, where a lot of the offspring of it just pales in comparison and overall potency as a complete work. Add to that the abundance of anti-hero main characters populating many spaces to the detriment of contrasting character interaction (the conundrum of the homogenous character voice), it seems a daunting task for anyone wanting to follow that act and I understand a bit more fully why television has gotten to this point of pretense to something more nuanced (when many times the work only scrapes the surface and in rote scenarios written by committee and writer rooms that do not have the benefit of strong direction and the amount of cut teeth that Chase and the like had undergone before tackling such a project).

Apologies for the ramble, but even twenty plus years removed from breaking ground on such an endeavor, it is just as strong a work as viewers (again from an outside perspective) seemed to share upon the original air dates.

The ending works so well when taking in the whole breadth of the show but I expect without the initial expectation and removal of the extreme passions that ruled the day it ended, the intent and execution of it is so crystal clear and perfect I could not imagine a more fitting conclusion to the show.

TL;DR: The Sopranos was a good show. I liked the good show. Thumbs up and hit the bell for notifications.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I luv u russ
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Subscribed
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Haha thanks buddy.

Now for my five millionth video on "WHY STAR WARS IS RUINED FOREVER BECAUSE REY WORE HER GRANDAD'S CAPRI PANTS OR SOME SHIT"

*rubs hands youtubishly*
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            Did a run down of The Sopranos as a nightly ritual to cleanse myself of work related burnout and, it being the first time I have seen the series in totality, it really is quite an ambitious work that should be a template for any series wanting to remain consistent in tone. There are flights of fancy here and there and experimentation, but the groundwork for said extensions was built into the premise from day one so the diversions (aside from the choppy, somewhat experimental editing at times) feel naturalistic.

The comedown has been a bit more protracted than I had expected, where a lot of the offspring of it just pales in comparison and overall potency as a complete work. Add to that the abundance of anti-hero main characters populating many spaces to the detriment of contrasting character interaction (the conundrum of the homogenous character voice), it seems a daunting task for anyone wanting to follow that act and I understand a bit more fully why television has gotten to this point of pretense to something more nuanced (when many times the work only scrapes the surface and in rote scenarios written by committee and writer rooms that do not have the benefit of strong direction and the amount of cut teeth that Chase and the like had undergone before tackling such a project).

Apologies for the ramble, but even twenty plus years removed from breaking ground on such an endeavor, it is just as strong a work as viewers (again from an outside perspective) seemed to share upon the original air dates.

The ending works so well when taking in the whole breadth of the show but I expect without the initial expectation and removal of the extreme passions that ruled the day it ended, the intent and execution of it is so crystal clear and perfect I could not imagine a more fitting conclusion to the show.

TL;DR: The Sopranos was a good show. I liked the good show. Thumbs up and hit the bell for notifications.
            I gave it another watch, probably my 3rd or 4th total viewing, and Sarah's first at the beginning of quarantine. It really is incredible what they made. There's so much I picked up on or noticed for the first time. It definitely made a difference that I hadn't watched it in at least 8 years, and going from a dipshit barely 30 to looking at 40 had me looking at the whole thing from a different angle. And my own therapy and processing dealing with horrible fucking parents made the therapy scenes hit from very different angles.

Comment

• Raised by Wolves is fuckin’ weird, y’all.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                Raised by Wolves is fuckin? weird, y?all.
                We only watched the first episode so far, but yeah man. It is, and it rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  Raised by Wolves is fuckin? weird, y?all.
                  VERY, and I think I like it a lot.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Finished our marathon binge watch of PERSON OF INTEREST on Netflix. Great show.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Guys.....Lovecraft Country.....I ain't spoiling shit if you haven't seen it yet.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        Guys.....Lovecraft Country.....I ain't spoiling shit if you haven't seen it yet.
                        Definitely my favorite episode, and truly horrific.

Comment

• Lovecraft Country + The Vow is a perfect Sunday night. Much thanks, HBO!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Definitely my favorite episode, and truly horrific.
                            Probably the best use of a Cardi B song ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              Lovecraft Country + The Vow is a perfect Sunday night. Much thanks, HBO!
                              The Vow is great too.

Comment

• We're watching DARK right now on Netflix. Highly, highly recommended. Go in clean, don't read up on in...just watch it.

Of note: it's in German with subtitles. Don't let that throw you, it's really awesome.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X