• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Education is so good, y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      Sex Education is so good, y'all.

I wanna watch that.

Watched two episodes of Derry Girls on Netflix. About teens in mid 90s Ireland during the Troubles. Hilarious.

Comment

• First episode of The Passage was decent. Enough to give it 2 more eps.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Orville has been great this season. Holy shit the Bortus episodes were fantastic.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• still digging Valley of the Boom. Steve Zahn is the best.

Comment

• checked out the first two episodes of that Ted Bundy tapes doc on Netflix this weekend. Not bad and pretty interesting.

Comment

• TRUE DETECTIVE needs to get out of wheel-spinning mode and start making some actual forward progress in the narrative. Last night's episode was well acted and all that but it had so much extraneous stuff in it that it really felt like it had maybe 10 minutes of content that was relevant to the plot.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The writing was so fucking good last night. I don't even give a shit about the case (even though i think it's being handled fine). I'm in it for the characters, and I think the writers really intend for True Detective to be about the cops first and case like 5th. I'm fine with it.

"It's got a little clip on it." had me dying.

Comment

• That 'it has a clip on it' line was arguably the best line of the evening. 'I have the soul of a whore' was the worst, by far.

And Dorff has been absolutely amazing this season. Holy shit, I hope he gets a ton of work off of this.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• finished Valley of the Boom. No one watched this and it's cool but I really dug it. Visually interesting and the subject matter is my jam.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        The writing was so fucking good last night. I don't even give a shit about the case (even though i think it's being handled fine). I'm in it for the characters, and I think the writers really intend for True Detective to be about the cops first and case like 5th. I'm fine with it.

"It's got a little clip on it." had me dying.
                        Sad drunk Scoot was also great. Milch had a hand in this episode and it showed with how much more was packed into some of the dialogue.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Milch effect was fully felt.

Comment

• The Passage is still a slow burn but this week's episode seems to be setting up some shit. That fucking Renfield character is so on the fucking nose it hurts though.

Comment

• Finished Bodyguard on Netflix. It's pretty tense and tons of awesome red herrings...but Matt is right. It goes a bit off the rails in the last two episodes, and there is a big like 30 minute stand off in the final episode that would work so much better if any of the characters talked. Out of all the people involved only one cop decides to use his words or think at all. Like, EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON TO THE COPS. I was so fucking annoyed. It wrapped up decently. The final bad guy scene was fulfilling.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VWUiU3t5udM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X