Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      I am super pumped for Legion and I stopped caring about X-books right after I finished puberty.
      Legion was fucking legit. So goddamn good. I was legit angry when the episode ended because I wanted more.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, Legion kinda blew me away. It´s basically X-Men Gedöns (yeah, I said it) by way of Twin Peaks, mixed with a dose of Hannibal and sprinkled with some Fargo. I sure as fuck hope it keeps on doing its own thing and won´t be bogged down by shared universe shit for shut in nerds.
        And it bears repeating: Why hasn´t Dan Stevens been cast as James Bond already?

Comment

• Oh. And dat Bollywood scene.
          I could watch Rachel Keller dancing all night long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Yeah, Legion kinda blew me away. It´s basically X-Men Gedöns (yeah, I said it) by way of Twin Peaks, mixed with a dose of Hannibal and sprinkled with some Fargo. I sure as fuck hope it keeps on doing its own thing and won´t be bogged down by shared universe shit for shut in nerds.
            And it bears repeating: Why hasn´t Dan Stevens been cast as James Bond already?

because he's not a big enough name for the Broccolis yet. Hence, why he's trying to cram in so many big projects between now and casting.

Legion doesn't really need shared universe stuff. In fact, most of the shared universe stuff kinda killed his appeal in the X-Books for ages.

He's Xavier's kid, he's one of the most powerful mutants ever and you can't trust reality around him. Cut, print, done.

Great stuff, but this first season is going to feel way too short.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I guess Beauty and the Beast will go a long way to put him in the top spot then? People seem to lap that shit up. But if that's the collateral damage of unwarranted nostalgia I'll gladly take it!

And it's a relief to hear that legion is its own beast.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                I guess Beauty and the Beast will go a long way to put him in the top spot then? People seem to lap that shit up. But if that's the collateral damage of unwarranted nostalgia I'll gladly take it!

And it's a relief to hear that legion is its own beast.

Thanks!

No problem. My only fault with the show is that Hawley swings away harder on this show than he's done with Fargo. Judging by the early ratings, audiences aren't able to keep up.

There's a lot going on and even more planned.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I hope he keeps on swinging for the fences.

Comment

• same. It was so much fun to watch.

Loved it.

On a completely different note, I watched the first episode of Felicity for our new segment on She's Right...

Oh man, I don't think Lesley thought her cunning plan all of the way through. This shit was....something else....
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      How the fuck does he DO this shit?

Tim.

With the memes, I mean.

I don't wanna know how Rerb does butt magic.

I really don't.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Because everyone here is on the same wavelength I've always been on, Ig. That's why I love this place and all y'all so much. I can always count on you guys to make me laugh, point me in the right direction for shit to see and books to read, and to help me get my learn on with any subject that comes up. Also, you guys and gals help me reevaluate my opinions from time to time - special shout out to Troy for his political updates and yourself for the book reviews, dude.

Any goofy stuff I contribute is just my way of saying "thanks" to the community. If it makes anyone smirk or laugh, my job here is done.

Also, boobs.

Comment

• Haha, I love the smirk she makes at the end like "I know, buddy. Enjoy them."

Comment

• Ha Ha Ha!

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post

I don't wanna know how Rerb does butt magic.

I really don't.
                              A magician never reveals his secrets.

Comment

• Thank GOD for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X