No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACK SAILS is great. In a just world (or if it played on HBO), it'd be a massive hit.

If you're gonna give it a go, be aware of the following:
    - Season One is a little iffy. There's a lot of 'good' stuff in there but very little 'great', and the pacing is off. Also, some of the characters don't really work, especially John Silver.
    - Season Two is flat out GREAT. They totally learned their lessons on S1 and absolutely turned the show around. The action is great, the stories gel, and all of the characters work. The character of John Silver is almost completely reworked and becomes awesome.
    - Season Three is arguably as good as S2. Some new characters are added to the mix that work beautifully to drive the story forward.

In summary, get through S1 and know that it lays the groundwork for a fantastic show once S2 starts.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Westworld just never ended up clicking for me. I will wait and see what word is on S2, but it's not going to be appointment TV for me.

Young Pope on the other hand is fascinating, and I am in love.

I liked Westworld, but I've seen better.

The Young Pope has my interest, but I'm giving it the full season before I say I like it. What's weird is that a few parts of it play like Legion.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Regarding WESTWORLD: the elements that work really, really work, and I see the show-runners learning from the valid criticisms of S1 so focus their efforts better on those elements. The potential is there for greatness, and there are plenty of shows that have rocky first seasons that go on to be fantastic. LUCIFER and BLACK SAILS come to mind in that regard.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I really like Lucifer, despite it being formulaic as fuck.

I'll check out Black Sails. I just need to get into Westworld again. Stopped at ep 3.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Martin, have you been watching S2 of LUCIFER?

Comment

• Yep. Not bad at all, but that Lucifer's mom shit is dragging.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah, that's kinda turned stale. Other than that, this season has been an absolute gas. Ratings are decent so odds are good that we'll get a season 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  BLACK SAILS is great. In a just world (or if it played on HBO), it'd be a massive hit.

If you're gonna give it a go, be aware of the following:
                  - Season One is a little iffy. There's a lot of 'good' stuff in there but very little 'great', and the pacing is off. Also, some of the characters don't really work, especially John Silver.
                  - Season Two is flat out GREAT. They totally learned their lessons on S1 and absolutely turned the show around. The action is great, the stories gel, and all of the characters work. The character of John Silver is almost completely reworked and becomes awesome.
                  - Season Three is arguably as good as S2. Some new characters are added to the mix that work beautifully to drive the story forward.

In summary, get through S1 and know that it lays the groundwork for a fantastic show once S2 starts.
                  THIS. Matt pretty much has the season breakdowns nailed. You have to get through Season 1 first (it does have some good stuff and some decent character development), but Seasons 2 and 3 is where shit kicks into overdrive. It's worth it.

Comment

• Made it half way through S1 when we had the channel Sails was on before giving up on it. If we ever have a break in the number of shows we're watching, I'll give it another go.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

Young Pope on the other hand is fascinating, and I am in love.
                      Oooh, yeah, I wanted to check that out as well!
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• oh snap. Kristen Stewart just dropped the f-bomb on SNL. Prepare for too many people to freak out tomorrow'
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched it on YouTube, and yep... pearls will be clutched and letters to NBC will be written, as well as prognostications on how Kristen Stewart will not Make America Great Again.

Folks are slowly getting away with saying "shit" on TV in prime time, so who gives a baboon's hairy ass if somebody says "fuck" nowadays? Hell, my contemporaries were cussing like sailors by the time I hit 5th grade and the world keeps spinning.

Comment

• Watched the first couple episodes of the OJ American Crime Story, and it's pretty good. Travolta is a mad man.

Comment

• Paulson is the MVP

Comment

• Nathan Lane is the stealth MVP.

Comment

Working...
                                X