No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its definitely not nostalgia for me, I had never watched a single episode of Peaks until about 6 years ago or so, powered through the first season and most of the second over a couple weeks.

I can definitely see why some people would think its too boring or weird, but personally I dug some of the characters so much (Cooper, Truman, that sexy ass Audrey Horne) that it didn't matter, I would gladly sit through all the cheesy melodrama stuff with Lara Flynn Boyle, and all the stupid shit at the mill just to get to the good stuff.

It definitely ramps up later in the 1st season, gets pretty dark and some effed up stuff happens from there and into season 2, but it takes some work to get there.

I'd say its worth revisiting but will wait for the consensus.
    Last edited by Trejo; 01-10-2017, 01:50 PM.
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      *dons Hocken Gear*

I've never finished the first season because half way through it got SO GODDAMN BORING and weird just to be weird.

ALSO, I've never been spoiled (amazing, right?) so please don't spoil it here without tags, but is it worth revisiting? Again, I never made it through the first season and the first time I tried was less than a year ago.... so this isn't a "Rob was too young and dumb." This may be more of a "TP was overhyped because I can see why it was so loved when it came out due to the state of TV at the time but maybe there are problems but nostalgia makes people like it AND Rob is dumb."
      I watched it for the first time like 2 years ago or something. I loved it. The second season isn't as strong, you can feel the network pressure, but it is still solid and ends on a batshit insane note.

Comment

• ok. I'll give it another go I guess. Goddammit. You guys better not be setting me up for wasting my time. I could be watching the Extended Cut of Bats V Supes again....
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• At least the Twin Peaks score is worth your time
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• yeah the score was legit. I just felt like there was too much wheel turning in the episodes I watched. Like nothing was fucking happening for 1-2 episodes at a time.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Finished American Horror Story: Coven the other day. I think this may be my favorite of the three so far. Strong performances from all. That voodoo dude was really creepy. Watching the Stevie Nicks wannabe's descent into hell was nerve wracking. It didn't try to do too much, which is where I thought Asylum went wrong. Can't wait to dive into Freakshow.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Coven was great. Asylum is my favorite. Freakshow shits the bed about 60% through, but that first 60% is great.

Comment

• I agree with Rob re:AHS.

I've also never watched or been spoiled on Twin Peaks. I've watched the first episode a couple times but haven't stuck with it. If it's one of Netflix's downloadable shows, maybe I'll give it another go after I finish Man in the High Castle.

Comment

• I really tried finishing the Man in the High Castle....
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Coven was great. Asylum is my favorite. Freakshow shits the bed about 60% through, but that first 60% is great.
                      I liked Season one a lot more than Asylum. It started out with such promise, so many plotlines going on at once. . . then just kind of fizzled, IMO.

What's the word on Hotel?

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I really tried finishing the Man in the High Castle....
                        First few eps were a tad slow. And my wife isn't digging it, so it's gonna be yet another thing I can't watch when she's around.

Comment

• Hated season one. Gave up in Hotel half way through. Roanoke was awesome though.

Comment

• Watched the new episode of Homeland. I think I'm over Homeland. I'll probably give it a few more episodes but I have been a little bored with it for the last season or 2.

Watched the first episode of Taboo. Curious to see some of this shit they are hinting at about Tom Hardy's character.
                            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• The Mick is actually pretty funny. I dig the guy who plays Jimmy. Kaitlin is just playing a more skeezy version of Dee but 4 episodes in and I think it's entertaining.

Also, this season of Worst Cooks in America is fucking great. Holy shit are these people terrible. Jetty is a living version of a fucking Beagle Boy or a poodle from a Disney movie who made a wish to be human. Ridiculous.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of Taboo. If you wanna see awesome British actors doing awesome British acting this is your shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X