No announcement yet.

What'cha watchin' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second episode of Containment was pretty great. Again, full on anxiety while watching it. I cannot deal with contagions.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Episode 2 of THE NIGHT MANAGER was awesome. You guys should be watching this.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• what the fuck is it about? The trailers make it look like a bunch of boring English stuff with boats and smug assholes.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          what the fuck is it about? The trailers make it look like a bunch of boring English stuff with boats and smug assholes.
          Hugh Laurie is an arms dealer.
          Tom Hiddleston is the night manager at a hotel in Cairo during the Arab Spring. A guest at the hotel, wanting to buy herself some insurance, gives Tom some information. He looks at it and it's all arms deal stuff with Laurie's character (a deal with an Egyptian). Tom copies it and gives it to the British Embassy. Shit happens, the female guest gets killed, and Tom holds a grudge against Laurie (they haven't met yet, though).
          Flash forward three years, Tom is working as the night manager of a hotel in Switzerland. Laurie checks in there with his group. Tom still holds a grudge and sends more stuff to British intelligence. British intelligence then outright recruits him to be an insider with Laurie's org.

Episode 2 was all about giving Tom's character a backstory. He was already in the military so had training, but they work on giving him a criminal backstory. From there, they arrange a way for him to be re-introduced to Laurie's org in such a way that they'll take him in...and that's all that I'll say.

It's very good. I can see why a lot of people are saying that Tom could be the next Bond, because there are several scenes in here where he definitely shows that he's got the 'it' factor.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Is there a scene where House grabs him by the ankle and flim flams him about the room?
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Hugh Laurie is an arms dealer.
              Tom Hiddleston is the night manager at a hotel in Cairo during the Arab Spring. A guest at the hotel, wanting to buy herself some insurance, gives Tom some information. He looks at it and it's all arms deal stuff with Laurie's character (a deal with an Egyptian). Tom copies it and gives it to the British Embassy. Shit happens, the female guest gets killed, and Tom holds a grudge against Laurie (they haven't met yet, though).
              Flash forward three years, Tom is working as the night manager of a hotel in Switzerland. Laurie checks in there with his group. Tom still holds a grudge and sends more stuff to British intelligence. British intelligence then outright recruits him to be an insider with Laurie's org.

Episode 2 was all about giving Tom's character a backstory. He was already in the military so had training, but they work on giving him a criminal backstory. From there, they arrange a way for him to be re-introduced to Laurie's org in such a way that they'll take him in...and that's all that I'll say.

It's very good. I can see why a lot of people are saying that Tom could be the next Bond, because there are several scenes in here where he definitely shows that he's got the 'it' factor.
              I have the whole thing at home. I really have to give it a shot.

And Rob, Hunter episode 3 was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• nooooooooooo. We have that on deck for tonight...boooooo

Comment

• Colony season 1

What a great great surprise. It's really fucking good, despite the bitch from Walking dead having a main role in it. But Sawyer from Lost is the main lead, so that's a huge plus in my book.

The gist: 11 months after an alien invasion, our overlords created colonies around the world, encasing the populace within huge walls, having humans collaborators create a Nazi-like government to oversee the regular folk, as most of the politicians/LEO/army people got murdered in the Arrival by alien drones. Sawyer's son was lost during the event. Now, the government wants him to hunt down the Resistance, while Sawyer's wife... is IN the Resistance! Dum-dum-dum!

Considering how bad Falling Skies was, I was happy to see it's the goods on that premise. I wasn't too sure, but the setting, and the story, is great. Can't wait fro season 2.

Very recommended.

Comment

• Really? fuck. I had the whole series recorded and deleted it after episode 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Colony season 1

What a great great surprise. It's really fucking good, despite the bitch from Walking dead having a main role in it. But Sawyer from Lost is the main lead, so that's a huge plus in my book.

The gist: 11 months after an alien invasion, our overlords created colonies around the world, encasing the populace within huge walls, having humans collaborators create a Nazi-like government to oversee the regular folk, as most of the politicians/LEO/army people got murdered in the Arrival by alien drones. Sawyer's son was lost during the event. Now, the government wants him to hunt down the Resistance, while Sawyer's wife... is IN the Resistance! Dum-dum-dum!

Considering how bad Falling Skies was, I was happy to see it's the goods on that premise. I wasn't too sure, but the setting, and the story, is great. Can't wait fro season 2.

Very recommended.
                      I ended up liking the show a lot. Looking forward to season 2 as well.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• The Factory reveal was so cool.

Comment

• I'm still 6 or 7 episodes behind but the Colony definitely improved as the first few episodes progressed.

Comment

• It's pretty cool. Broussard is BADASS.

Comment

• 60 Days In was GREAT this week. Goddamn I love this show. Also, the sheriff liked one of my tweets about Robert so that was awesome since I barely know how/use twitter.

Comment

• There was a lot to like in 60 Days In last night.

Spoiler:  
                                i think Barbra is more like an inmate than she'd like to admit. That picture thing was nuts. Sure, it was weird and I don't understand what Maryam was trying to do but I really don't think her intent was to stomp on the US flag.

I love how Tami's keen police skills were pretty much "hey, the pod boss is yelling about something being on one of the trays. They're smuggling on the trays!"

I can't believe Robert didn't do the Keyser Soze walk into the hospital. He sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X