Beavis & Butt-Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beavis & Butt-Head

Been revisiting the Mike Judge Collection DVDs lately. Putting aside the disappointment that this isn't the entire series (not to mention, some of these are the MTV-sanctioned edits), it still gets chuckles from me.

Don't know if bringing the show back though is the best of ideas. Having visions of Ren & Stimpy "Adult Party Cartoon."
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

I wish I still had those first unedited episodes. I had them on vhs at one point and then lost them. Beavis as a tweaker PYROKID was much funnier than what he turned into.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Frog Baseball.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I still laugh like Butthead when it's appropriate. It's often appropriate. My dad LOVES the cartoon.
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
          I still laugh like Butthead when it's appropriate. It's often appropriate. My dad LOVES the cartoon.
          I laugh like Butthead and my brother laughs like Beavis. Get us together and it's inevitable that we'll break into B&B mode for at least one chuckle.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

The episode Woodshop still kills me and this exchange from the Womyn episode (paraphrased):

Beavis: Hey, Butthead. Isn't that spelled wrong?
            Butthead: Heh heh, oh yeah. Stupid chicks put out more.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

The one where they're in the petshop and Beavis is constantly flicking his lighter under the parrot. THAT one killed me.

Comment

John K. wanted Adult Party Cartoon, that's where Ren and Stimpy was heading without NICK breathing down their necks. I met one of the head animators on the show and she told me that she used to cringe at some of the scripts.

In terms of bringing back B&B, they're pitching all sorts of crazy ideas. Including no more commenting on music videos, but viral stuff and Jersey Shore.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

That makes the most sense as MTV doesn't even play videos anymore.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    That makes the most sense as MTV doesn't even play videos anymore.
                    my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                      I met one of the head animators on the show and she told me that she used to cringe at some of the scripts.
                      Fire Dogs is my favorite episode of Ren & Stimpy...

...then I sat through Fire Dogs 2. Holy God was that unbearable.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                        John K. wanted Adult Party Cartoon, that's where Ren and Stimpy was heading without NICK breathing down their necks. I met one of the head animators on the show and she told me that she used to cringe at some of the scripts.
                        Huh, who knew corporate oversight actually worked. I still can't believe Patrick Stewart loves Beavis & Butthead. But somehow, it just makes sense.
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Huh, who knew corporate oversight actually worked. I still can't believe Patrick Stewart loves Beavis & Butthead. But somehow, it just makes sense.
                          Hey, why not? B&B is stupid humor, but there's another level to it. It was a smart satire of deeply stupid and troubled youth.

Years ago I caught MTV doing a replay of the first season, unedited. Oh my god, there was some great stuff in there. Like Beavis and Butthead being drug mules. That had me in stitches.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            I still can't believe Patrick Stewart loves Beavis & Butthead. But somehow, it just makes sense.
                            By all accounts of the STNG crew, Patrick Stewart is an extremely silly man. Jonathan Frakes, in particular, recounted many very funny stories surrounding Patrick's antics while filming the show.

Another story that I heard: Patrick was apparently in town at one point in the 90s...I don't remember why. A friend of mine was working for the company that brought him into town, though. What I remember him telling me was that Patrick was bored out of his mind and looking for something to do. My friend mentioned that he and a bunch of his friends were going to go waterskiing on Lake Minnetonka and asked Patrick if he wanted to join them. He did, and he reportedly had a great time hanging out on the lake for a couple of hours. I guess he was extremely friendly and fun to hang out with.

Comment

John K. is apparently into gay humor. Not like Nathan Lane and shit. The guy could do 30 minutes about rough anal sex and then throw it at the animators and say DO THIS NOW
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                              X