No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - Moree HBO awesomeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew if I gave in to the morbid curiosity I'd live to regret it.

I got to know George RR Martin a bit back in the day. Back when he was a script doctor for "Beauty and the Beast". Read some of his Wildcards books, but never anything else. Knew this show was his thing, but just didn't.....

ahhhh....shit.

Comment

• You might as well watch them all, they're pretty good.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The ending of the first season felt pretty underwhelming considering the WTF-ness of the 9th episode. I guess I expected more warfare. The dragons should be cool, I guess. I'm more interested in A) seeing what the hell is going on north of the Wall and B) seeing Joffrey's head on a spike. What a creepy, evil little asshole.

Comment

• More warfare?

Wait for season 2. Episode 10 is kind of an epilogue. Ned losing his head was just that: open invitation to warfare. It tells you 2 thing: No one is safe, and being noble and kind isn't enough to keep you alive.

Thus began the War of the Five Kings.

And be patient: you will see more of the North and what lies over there, but the real HOLY SHIT stuff is season 3, but trust me, season 2 is even better than the first.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            The ending of the first season felt pretty underwhelming considering the WTF-ness of the 9th episode.
            The Sopranos man. Sopranos. Penultimate episode is the OMG, then finale is the moving of chess pieces.

Comment

• True. It definitely felt like an air of "just wait, shit's about to get fucked up" permeated the last 10 minutes of so. I was impressed Lady Stark was able to restrain herself.

Comment

• Get on season 2. Stat.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Billy already posted it on Facecrap, but it bears repeating:

Ciaran fucking Hinds has been casted as Mance Rayder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Billy already posted it on Facecrap, but it bears repeating:

Ciaran fucking Hinds has been casted as Mance Rayder.
                    unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfffffffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

• Well, that was awesome. Ciaran Hinds will OWN ALL THERE IS TO OWN as Mance Raydar. The CGI giant was fucking incredible. I was worried they wouldn't show them, to cut back on CGI budget (the dragons are going to call for a lot of CGI work this season) but omg GIANTS. Now show me the goddamn mammoths!

Now some pretty not spoilery discussions on book changes

Spoiler: book differences 
                      Jon Snow's reason to Mance Raydar. The whole Craster feeding babies to the others is dumb and such a huge plot hole, and they could have let it slide by and let Jon give his reasons as being a bastard to Ned Stark.

No battle at the Fist of the First Man in the cold opening, so Mormont screaming at Sam about ravens made ZERO FUCKING SENSE. Why would he get ravens off when he was hiding from the huge dead army, then got attacked by a wight. And didn't Sam the Slayer happen at the Fist of the First Man? Or was it when they make their way back to the wall? Because that HAS to happen.

You can't hold the Selmy reveal on TV, so smart change there. But no cane? That's a pretty badass element to his "old man" facade, that he won't take up a sword until Dany feels he has earned it. And no Strong Belwas?! I understand cutting him, but so sad. One of the funniest/most bad ass characters in the books.

Littlefinger going directly to Sansa about sneaking out, not working in the background with Dontos. I am hoping they use Dontos as her escape though, and he gets his redemption.

Comment

• Caesar 2.0 is a bawse.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• FUCK YEAH BITCHES. HINDS FTW.

Comment

• They sure know where to fucking cut, do they?

Also, Thoros of Myr? Awesomely cast.

The Queen of Torns? So fucking perfect.

The Reed kids? The whole intro was damn great.

And I was surprised the Theon Fun Show started this early. I didn't remember that, as I though it was book 4 stuff.

I love this show.

Comment

• Actually Theon would be gone until Book 5 stuff, if I remember right. The torturing was some brutal shit. They handled the Reed kids really well, and they look pretty damn close to what I envisioned reading the books. Thoros is awesome, I hope he gets the dragonfire on his sword.

Still, sad we get no Bloody Mummers or Strong Belwas. I can understand Strong Belwas being cut, but the Bloody Mummers are preeeeeeeeeetty important. Plus I want to hear that lisping bastard.

Comment

• I just wonder if they'll show up, cause if I remember, it's them that finds Brienne and Jaime, right?

As for Sam the Slayer, fucking sure it's gonna come back later.

Comment

Working...
                                X