No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - Moree HBO awesomeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate that the warlocks stole the dragons. Thought it spoke to Dany's character that she was intrigued by the House of the Undying and went on her own accord. Rest of the episode was awesome. Hound spilling that fools guts? So good.

Comment

• The Hound is so fucking badass. AND MORE JOFFREY SLAPPING!

And why hating the warlocks?
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I don't hate the warlocks. I hate that it looks like they want to make the warlocks "bad" which they weren't in the books. Dany choosing to go into the "House of the Undying" with a bit of hope she might find something to help her get across the sea spoke a lot to how far she would go to get what she felt she deserved. Now she is going to rush in there looking for dragons and dealing with "bad guys" that have no motive to be bad.

Comment

• I'll honestly await to see before judging. And the thing about Dany's storyline: she barely has something to do beside asking for help if I remember ( I read teh books like 10 years ago...). This at least gives her something to do!

Comment

• I like the idea of Dany going in out of intrigue over fear for her dragons. But I'll wait and see where the next ep goes.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I'll honestly await to see before judging. And the thing about Dany's storyline: she barely has something to do beside asking for help if I remember ( I read teh books like 10 years ago...). This at least gives her something to do!
              She went to the House of Undying. The same thing it looks like she is doing here. They're just taking a path that right now seems really silly.

Comment

• It's probably to add more conflict is what I was saying. Not sure it's the right path, but so far, i'm inclined to trust the showrunners.

Comment

• My issue is they keep adding "TV Conflict" where they gin it up and resolve it in a single episode. There's plenty of conflict, and more meaningful conflict, when it takes a whole book to build up to it. I'm sure it will work out fine, but HBo always says it''s not tv it's HBO! Well, this is a TV trick. Make a smarter show.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    My issue is they keep adding "TV Conflict" where they gin it up and resolve it in a single episode. There's plenty of conflict, and more meaningful conflict, when it takes a whole book to build up to it. I'm sure it will work out fine, but HBo always says it''s not tv it's HBO! Well, this is a TV trick. Make a smarter show.
                    That's how the Warlock thing feels to me. I'll give it an ep to see but it certainly looks like that.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      My issue is they keep adding "TV Conflict" where they gin it up and resolve it in a single episode. There's plenty of conflict, and more meaningful conflict, when it takes a whole book to build up to it. I'm sure it will work out fine, but HBo always says it''s not tv it's HBO! Well, this is a TV trick. Make a smarter show.
                      Problem is that doing TV and books are 2 different medias that need to be addressed accordingly. I'm not sure inserting a weekly threat is the best course of action, but I'm not sure they really added THAT many conflicts compared to the book.

Comment

• Having not read these fantastical berks, I think they just delivered a heaping helping of fucking awesome in this latest episode. Seriously, they crammed it's tight butthole to the butthole-breaking point with great stuff.

Maximus Billicus, are you not entertained? But syrianly, do you not like that they are veering off the course set by the berks so as to better frame the content in the structure of serialized television (which means excising and repurposing all sorts of shit, DEM'S DA (JA)ROOLZ) or is it more due to the fact are you are angry over the fact that Emilia Clarke will never drop her kit again?

Because that still rustles my jimmies.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't mind straying from the books. I mind changing the characters motivations and their strengths/weaknesses. The story is much bigger than conflict of the week.

Comment

• Is the essence of said characters still there? If so, then this kinda sounds more like expectations were not in line with the potential addendums. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as it is just a part of the process of adaptation.

And as for your hang-ups in regards to the "conflict of the week," there's no getting around the fact that there has to be a certain amount of resolution in the microcosm of each episode, otherwise there would be no payoff (even if these things are miniscule events in comparison to the overarching story being built) and people will drop it like a baby in a dumpster before prom for being, as Rob succinctly put it, "SOOOO SLOOOOOOOW." It just goes with the territory.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-07-2012, 08:08 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's my issue with this warlocks stealing the dragons story (if that's where they go). The essence of Dany changes completely. That's where my issues are, not with changing the story to make it more cinematic, but changing the characters core beliefs/motivations/etc.

Comment

• Is it a bad thing that instead of internal conflict (her curiosity taking her to the House of the Undying) they construct an external motivator for the same plot point? Let's see how it plays out first before we start throwing accusations of "loosest butthole" around. I mean, maybe some other dickbag stole the flying titmice and just ended up kicking it at MichaelBerrymanLand.

(From what I hear on other boards, Dany's chapters are dull as fuck anyway.)
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X