• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They handled it well.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
      "If I don't come back, I want my last words to you guys to be this:I really love you guys. Now I'm going to go take a deuce."
      That line was magic. Just great stuff from everyone involved - especially loved Robin and her magic purse. Barney's call to his mom was wonderful, too, and I can't wait to see the resolution of that plot thread.

Comment

Double post - my bad!

Comment

Vice Robin was perfect. The writers (and actors) handled this perfectly. Not too maudlin and just the right mixture of humor.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I now officially have "Let's Go to the Mall" as my ring tone. Yay!
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              So are we pretty sure the "mom" will be that Zoe chick?

I'd rather it be the BOATS BOATS BOATS! chick.
              Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
              I don't think it's Zoe, because there's no way she was the other girls roommate from last season.
              Just seems like they are focusing a lot on her then for a character that NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT.
              Better be. Better not be Zoe, but they really are kinda pushing that.
              Pretty sure that I was right after last night's episode. I mean, I guess Zoe could just be another girlfriend, but I doubt it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm going to go on record and state that I firmly believe Zoe is NOT the mother, but just the latest Ted girlfriend. I hope I'm proven wrong, as Zoe's slowly growing on me, and her divorcing the Captain better mean we see some more MacLachlan this season.

Per the show's canon re: the Mom, Ted didn't meet Zoe at a wedding, not sure if I saw a yellow umbrella anywhere around her, and like Chris said, no way she could've been Cindy's roommate back in Season 5(?). My guess is Zoe's the next Stella, and after her, hopefully the next girl on deck will be the Mom. Unless... they throw a curve ball, Ted marries Zoe, but divorces her later for some reason, then the next girl he marries is the Mom.

ETA: Just saw on Wikipedia the Captain comes back in two weeks! WOOT!

Comment

At this point I hope they don't have Zoe be the next Starla. Make Zoe the mom, finish up the series and move on. It hasn't been great since season 3.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I don't know, this show is reeeeaally tight on continuity, and they would have to either disregard a lot of things they've already laid out, or go to some pretty far lengths of explanation to have Zoe be the mom. I think she's the next girlfriend.

I don't think we're going to know who the mom is until the last season. I think the season finale of the previous season will cliffhang with the wedding that Ted meets her at.
                    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

So, what'd everyone think of Katy Perry's cameo? I thought she did OK, probably 'cause I know far too many girls like Honey.

Comment

Hated it. It could have been anyone in that role. Felt the same way when Britney Spears was a guest.

Comment

In general, I hate when they do guest stars. Feels like Will & Grace then.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I never mind how smoking hot she is.
                            "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

As long as it was a one-off character, I didn't mind. Were she to become a regular, it'd probably be too much.

Also, I'm very limited in my Katy Perry exposure (don't listen to her music or watch her videos, except that Fireworks one where she shot sparks out of her chesticles), so I'm not burnt out on her. Yet.

Comment

I mean, yeah she's good looking, but she was basically playing herself. Van Der Beek was the best guest star because he took the piss outta himself. Plus, MUDERTRAIN.

Comment

Working...
                                X