No announcement yet.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't like what I saw of it. High schoolers fight vamps and shit. MEH.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Watched an episode or two of Buffy. Just never really got into it.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Angel gets better after the first season. The first season has some residual Buffy stench on it but it's still watchable. The last season of Angel was pretty damn good and the finale ended great. Sidenote* Angel was canceled despite good ratings to make room for Supernatural.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'd catch an episode or two of each here or there, but never on a regular basis. Nothing on either show would grab me, y'know?

Comment

Whedon sucks a fat one at everything he does. Refute THAT argument, Browncoats!

Comment

Firefly is neat.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Ya'll haters should check out the 10th episode of season 4 Buffy (the episode is titled "Hush"). One of the best modern standalone episodes of horror genre television. Seriously.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ok. I will.

Comment

One of the few times I have ever gotten chill bumps while watching a serial TV show (also, a slight jump scare). The central theme is brilliant too (and worthy of discussion).
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      Whedon sucks a fat one at everything he does. Refute THAT argument, Browncoats!
                      yeah Firefly rules the fuck is wrong with you
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Honestly, Buffy is so...nothing and the rabid fan support is so off-putting that I never bothered with Firefly. I mean, I like Adam Baldwin('s acting) and Nathan Fillion but not enough to bother with the show.

And, yeah, "Hush" is one of the very few decent Buffy episodes.

Comment

Heh, damn, didn't know I'd stir up so much Whedon hate.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

"Decent." Brilliant is a much better description but I like your grudging approval.

Comment

Honestly, Buffy is so...nothing and the rabid fan support is so off-putting that I never bothered with Firefly. I mean, I like Adam Baldwin('s acting) and Nathan Fillion but not enough to bother with the show.

You need to plunk down $20 for a copy of the Firefly boxed set. It makes up for the whole "Buffy/Angel" thing... srsly.

Comment

I never watched Buffy or Angel but I loved Firefly. I got hooked by watching the movie Serenity and then went back and found the TV show. Love Adam Baldwin as Jane. He's great in Chuck too.

Comment

Working...
                                X