Boardwalk Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    So I'm the only one who got excited when that one guy was telling Nucky about an Italian gent in Chicago who was promising amazing returns on investing in Italian postage? Charles Ponzi!

If this show keeps up the great work I'm going to end up liking it more than The Sopranos.
    Caught the Ponzi aside - nice little wink and a nod that!

I'm in agreement with you on this show over the Sopranos - it's a bit easier to follow, and, so far, we don't have any dangling plot threads that never get resolved (looking at Chris and Paulie and the guy they let escape into the woods).

Comment

• I still say the russian in the woods (in the sopranos) was intentionally left dangling, so Chris and Paulie could always wonder if that guy was going to come back to bite them in the ass. It's the kind of occasional realism in a show that I appreciated, but drove a lot of fans crazy.
      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Boardwalk Empire took a swipe at that, with their own guy in the woods subplot, but they decided to wrap it up in a bow for the viewer, in more common tv fashion.
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Drove me crazy - that was a dangling thread I really wanted to see pan out, but, alas, denied.

I do see your point re: the realism of such plot threads, but for a TV series, especially one where I as a viewer have invested a ton of time into, I do want to see payoffs sooner or later. Again, not right or wrong, just my personal preference.

Comment

• Yeah Marge, you did the Faustian deal and now people are gonna stop being polite and start gettin' real.

MAD REAL

Pretty fucking great seeing Chalky revert to Omar with the dual-heaters.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-24-2010, 12:41 AM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• How about that camera angle during the Lucy/Agent Nelson gitdown?

Comment

• Christ that was fucked, and the fetal position recoil was lolworthy.

Nelson is fucking great. His psycho visit to Marge was insane and his exiting line killed me.

He's the Frank Booth of New Jersey.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• There is no justice if Buscemi doesn't win some kind of LEad Actor award and Shannon doesn't get Supporting. Holy shit.

Comment

• Watched this last ep w/ my wife and when they got to the river the second time, and he was trying to talk agent Sebsoe into getting baptized, I said: "This can't be good." My wife was like: "He wouldn't kill him with all those witnesses around. . . ?"

But I knew in my heart he had it in him. And now I'm thinking what I'm sure the whole congregation is: "That muthafucka' crazy."
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I'm surprised Margaret didn't take issue with Nucky pinning everything on her drunk husband. I guess she got over it because of the rag in the cake? Anyway, finale was awesome. I'm excited to see how Nucky will handle the impending uprising.

Comment

• I completely drop this show. It's not that it's bad, but it's dense, and long, and it doesn't fit my life right now. I'll jump on it later on, as me and the wife agree that it's a quality product, but it felt like a chore every episode.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I rather liked this show, mostly for the reasons Martin didn't. I got sucked in pretty quickly, and everyone turned in terrific performances. Buscemi's Thompson was a particular stand-out, his character's duplicity was almost Satanic in its execution.

As for the density of the story, at times it did get a bit complicated to follow, but the payoffs for putting the time in were usually worth it (the one point where Jimmy, Capone and crew start bumping off the Sheridan gang in that Chicago hotel was unexpected, and executed flawlessly).

Really hoping they can keep the momentum going next season.
                          Last edited by Timothy225; 12-09-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I completely drop this show. It's not that it's bad, but it's dense, and long, and it doesn't fit my life right now. I'll jump on it later on, as me and the wife agree that it's a quality product, but it felt like a chore every episode.
                            When you do, consequences will never be the same.

And you will learn to fucking love it DAMMIT.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I like it, but I can't muster any excitement for it, despite the glorious setting, performances and all. The Wire was as dense, but I jumped in the wagon way quickly.*

*And Boardwalk ain't as glorious as The Wire so far.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It clicked for me at the mid-season mark, but I can certainly understand the reservations some have.

I want this season on disc. Yesterday.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X