No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, we're now 2 episodes behind. Just playing catch up.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

There's gold in them thar eps.

Also: MOTHERFUCKIN' OMAR IS BACK NEXT WEEK
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
        Yeah, Marge is gonna cut a bitch.

And her last line to Lucy was all class.
        Hell yeah. Talk about putting someone in their place. The look Lucy had on her face when Margaret left her alone... damn.

I just hope nothing bad happens to Margaret when the series plays out, even though you just KNOW she's in for a rough time ahead.

Comment

I decided on the ride home tonight we need to make "Your cunnie isn't the draw you believe it to be" a BDR meme.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            Ah, the nudity! Glorious, glorious, glasses-fogging nudity - even get to see Nucky's backside, and a full frontal shot of Lucky's Luciano, so there's something for the ladies, too!
            I just re-read this post & realized for the 1st time you seem to be implying that a glimpse of Buscemi's scrawny arse would be a visual treat for the fairer sex.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
              Brian Keith could have layed Harding, I think. I don't know who'd do it now. I got nothin' on Coolidge.
              Correction! James fucking Cromwell w/ a pair of John Lennon glasses = Calvin Coolidge. Am I good or what?

Comment

Pretty good episode this week - liked the new friend Jimmy made, as well as the resulting closure for the slashing/suicide of Jimmy's hooker girlfriend. The relationship 'twixt Nucky and Margaret took a nice turn, and Lucy's losing it.

Really want to see how Luciano's new partnership and plans play out.

Comment

Loving the masked sniper.

Comment

Same here - nice make-up/CGI work when we saw him without the mask, and it was cool watching Jimmy bond with him - great character development moment. We'd get something similar when Nucky and Margaret were having dinner with Margaret's kids - sort of got a feeling that scene was what Nucky really wanted when it comes to a family of his own.

Of course, that switched off when Nucky went back to his old home to inspect it.

Comment

• While the sniper is a great character, and Jimmy's speech preceding the retribution shot was incredible, the pullback to the sniper's position along with the Bach music was the first thing this show has done that I considered lame.

I mean, we get it. The guy was shot under the eye. Why bother having a nice subtle character cue like the conversation he and Jimmy had if your going to later have a hamhanded reveal like that, complete with a Lee Harvey Oswald rifle wrap up.

All that being said, still love the hell out of this show. I kind of wanted Nucky to drag his dad back in the house before he torched it. Is that wrong of me?
                      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• I sorta liked that scene as it was, but I do understand your point, Chris. That was a hell of a speech Jimmy made, though.

Comment

• The lesbian canoodling to cunnilingus was hot.

Comment

• As with what Chris said, the Bach cue was way the fuck over the top for the Phantom Sniper, but everything else regarding said character was pretty intriguing. The WWI bits are certainly favorites in regards to Jimmy and his circle.

The Thompson Boys' family history was sad, but none too surprising.

And of course, seeing Omar von Kreide tell off Guido Shortround was great. Omar is always great.

Also: Lucy's fucking out, Margaret's fucking in.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                              The lesbian canoodling to cunnilingus was hot.
                              I don't understand. . . are there circumstances in which it isn't?

Comment

• So I'm the only one who got excited when that one guy was telling Nucky about an Italian gent in Chicago who was promising amazing returns on investing in Italian postage? Charles Ponzi!

If this show keeps up the great work I'm going to end up liking it more than The Sopranos.

Comment

Working...
                                X