X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dabney was fucking aces as well.

"Jimmy? Fuckin' Jimmy..."
    *pets dog*
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Really digging this show. The stuff with the IRS guy and Nucky should be fucking aces. The bit with Nucky just pissing away the 3k was great but Jimmy and his mom was fucking CREEPY.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I had to do a double take on Molrat...forgot she was in it, let alone knew she was Jimmy's mah.

Which is fucking weird as hell.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Wait, she's Jimmy's mom? I completely missed that. Durr...

I'm really liking this show so far. I like that they're mixing in real people with the ficitional guys. It's still a few years out timeline-wise, but I hope there's a nod to Irey and Wilson since they've included Capone.

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
            I'll get my coat...

Ain't that just like a Kraut? Brings a knife to a gunfight.

I'm likin' this so far, but I have to admit it's not lighting my fire in an explosive fashion. I have high hopes it'll hit its stride and get REAL good - like must watch or I'll just DIE good - very soon.

Also, I mentioned to my wife just before episode 2 started that there's a historical incident involving Nucky Johnson (why they renamed him Thompson, when the show's based on a book written by his grandson, with said grandson's blessing, I'll bnever understand) and Mayor Hague from Jersey City fixing a gubernatorial election. Don't know if anyone noticed this, but he mentioned that meeting coming up in episode 2. My wife looked over at me & rolled her eyes as I thrust my fist in the air with Jersey City pride (what can I say? I LIKE history, all apologies to Rerb n' Lersley). I SO hope that meeting is actually filmed. I'm dying to know who they cast in the role of Frank Hague if they do.
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Goddammit, WE DO NOT HATE HISTORY. :P

Comment

It's slowly working its magic, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they had to get a T-rex poop-load of exposition and setup out of the way with these first couple of episodes.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Goddammit, WE DO NOT HATE HISTORY. :P
                  Too late. You've been branded by your peers' snap judgments. forever will they haunt you.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Comment

That dude don't look like someone who likes history, either.

Comment

But what of Warren G. Harding, surely he and Calvin Coolidge must have cameos.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          That dude don't look like someone who likes history, either.
                          He loves history. Especially the 40s.

Comment

WINNAR

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              But what of Warren G. Harding, surely he and Calvin Coolidge must have cameos.

Brian Keith could have layed Harding, I think. I don't know who'd do it now. I got nothin' on Coolidge.

Comment

Fantastic episode. The shit the IRS agent pulled with the survivor was ridiculous. Poor Jimmy, but this means more CAPONE. wewt.

Also, Nucky's woman is slightly retarded but gotdamn....

Comment

Working...
                                X