No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've been advertising it pretty heavily around here.

Now where's the season 1 dvd set, HBO?!
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Watched a bit of it this morning (thanks, DVR!), and am about halfway through. Van Alden's like a ticking time bomb, especially after last season, and his wife seems like a lot of laughs (hooooo boy).

Comment

• Don't fuck with Chalky I guess. It was nice to see his influence, but I kind of wanted to watch him take care of business himself....
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• He's at that point, or getting there, where beating anyone up himself is beneath him. Loved that scene.

Comment

• "Come up to bed," Mrs. Macdonald? Yes Mam!

Comment

• I dunno. . . I'm likin' it so far. For all the reasons heretofore stated. Ya gotta figure they're building toward some epic showdown, but Nucky has hardly anyone on his side at this point. They appear to have completely departed company from history, BTW. I guess that makes rerb happy, as he fucks history in the face.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Watched Sunday's episode last night (God bless DVR!), and... wow.

Gretchen Mol and Dabney Coleman had a terrific scene together, followed by one hell of a finale scene 'twixt the two. All I gotta say is Mol looks magnificent and what she inadvertently did to Coleman would be no surprise to any hetero male.

Comment

• The stills should be streaming in soon but until then that was Heather Lind who plays the maid, Katie.

Comment

• http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/c...g_.single.html

Originally posted by June Thomas, the Easily Bored
                    The trouble with Boardwalk Empire is that the stakes feel so low—all they’re doing is fighting over bootlegged liquor in a corrupt seaside town. When critics call those other shows Shakespearean, they’re thinking of Hamlet, King Lear, or Macbeth. If Boardwalk Empire were the work of the Bard, it would be a minor history play—a Richard II or Henry VIII.

More than anything else I’m currently watching, Boardwalk Empire reminds me of what William Goldman once dubbed “the snob hit.” In his Broadway chronicle The Season, he defined the snob hit as a play whose audience is “convinced that the ‘average’ theatergoer wouldn’t understand … or like it.” In other words, it must be good, even if nobody is particularly bowled over.

Please do kindly fuck off forever.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-27-2011, 03:01 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haven't watched the last few episodes, not really compelled to return to it. Maybe if I am bored Saturday afternoon.

Comment

• It's slow but good.

Get your shit together, Tyrone.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The latest episode is the best of the season.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A lot has happened in just 2 episodes.

Comment

• "MUY CHEEELDREN."

"She's out to market with THEEE CHEEELDREN."

Take a drink errytime it happens, you will fucking wake up dead bro. DEAD AS FUCK.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Also, Bill Forsythe is my new favorite guest star.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X