No announcement yet.

Justified - FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents are up to date on it. Talked to them and they convinced me to hang in.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

It's such a well crafted show. What's not working for you?
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Seems a tad bland and cookie cutter. Still very early in the series. Hoping for a slow boil.

Comment

Gotcha'. Well I feel like it picks up but it may just be one of those shows that just doesn't jive with you. I've been there. I'm looking at you Seinfeld!!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Nathan, expect NOTHING out of the first half of the first season. The pilot is amazing...then it's like 7 or 8 episodes of "criminal of the week" bullshit without ANY kind of outside story being told. It gets corrected in the second half, and in the second season it's very obvious they are working to fix that mistake. We may get some "crimes of the week" but they are always framed by the greater context of the ongoing events that percolate in Raylan's life and the big bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Nathan, expect NOTHING out of the first half of the first season. The pilot is amazing...then it's like 7 or 8 episodes of "criminal of the week" bullshit without ANY kind of outside story being told. It gets corrected in the second half, and in the second season it's very obvious they are working to fix that mistake. We may get some "crimes of the week" but they are always framed by the greater context of the ongoing events that percolate in Raylan's life and the big bad.
              Ok. Good to know. The criminal of the week thing was really turning me off.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                This show is amazing. They're spacing out all the characters so perfectly. All I was thinking was "More Davies! More Mags! More Cletus van Damme!" but they know that the characters are so compelling that they only want to dangle a morsel to us here and there. Last night's episode was surprisingly dark, which is good. I'd love Justify to get even a hint of The Shield's daring, and having an episode based around a prison guard knocking up hot ass Aryan nation daughter from Sons of Anarchy, then paying some guys to deliver the kid, kill the girl, and sell the baby is definitely skirting the edge of good tasted. Loved it.
                Yeah, that was a pretty decent episode. The bit with the sniper kill shot was great. So is Cletus and the blonde (can't remember her name) an item now?
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Ava? No way in hell. On AV Club and Sepinwall all the commenters are flipping shit as to why he would go to Ava's place when she wanted to kill him and vice versa. Plus she told him to clean himself up and get to stepping.

Vin, have you ever replaced a man's apricot with lead?

Comment

Ok, that's what was fucking confusing. Granted we were drinking, but it made no sense to have him and Ava together. Thanks for the clarification.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Oh Boyd....Looks like Boyd may be reverting back to his old ways. And fucking lulz to Dewey. Was a decent plan if only he thought of his neck tattoos haha. But boourns to having Faraday have a goddamn Deliverance ringtone. TRYING TOO HARD. Still can't take that fuck seriously.

Comment

Mags Bennett = officially terrifying.

Comment

My hand still hurts today.

Comment

Nut-tasering, smoking leg-free boots and hand hammering. This last episode had a particular fondness for flesh destruction.

This season, in my opinion, is stomping all over Season 1 quality-wise.
                            sigpic
                            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Up to this point I'd agree with that assessment. But that' show it SHOULD be.

Comment

Still not feeling this season yet. The shit with his ex and the money was FUCKING STUPID. She should know better. Thank god Goggins may actually do something interesting this season now that his boss wants him to take out the Bennetts.

Comment

Working...
                                X