No announcement yet.

The Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have wrote it off before I watched it, but I watched it still. You know, maybe it'll get better. But the first episode was "HERE ARE A BUNCH OF GUYS THAT LOOK THE SAME AND WATCH THEM KILL JAPS AND THEN BECOME PLACATED" I was excited when Sadler showed back up. And I have the second episode to watch still.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Jobe View Post
      "HERE ARE A BUNCH OF GUYS THAT LOOK THE SAME AND WATCH THEM KILL JAPS
      Jeez Rob, don't forget to wash your robe and hood tonight. Gawsh. There was a mexican and a wop in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fej View Post
        Letters to Iwo Jima. Then there is Bridge on the River Kwai and Empire of the Sun. The Last Emperor as well, I suppose.
        Kwai focuses on the POW aspect, so does Empire of the Sun. Last Emperor is more about the last gasp of imperalistic China, right before it goes Mao.

I'm just talking about the actual island to island slog. The type of stuff that could use the Hanks-Band of Brothers treatment.

Shit, now where in the hell is MacArthur in all of this?
        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-23-2010, 12:57 PM.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

lulz.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Midway?

Comment

GET TOM HANKS IN HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                Kwai focuses on the POW aspect, so does Empire of the Sun. Last Emperor is more about the last gasp of imperalistic China, right before it goes Mao.

I'm just talking about the actual island to island slog. The type of stuff that could use the Hanks-Band of Brothers treatment.

Shit, now where in the hell is MacArthur in all of this?
                Well met Hocken. Few good movies treated the subject, and it's worthy of such a quality series.

This thread breaks my heart like Olivia Wilde.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT FULGORE watch me B Orchid that ass with my 101 hit combo as you plummet off this roof.

Comment

Next question, when in the fuck will we get a John Adams style look at Abe Lincoln? I'd watch the shit out of a Lincoln mini-series.

Comment

Man , I miss the craziness of Killer Instinct. Even in it's predictability...
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        Next question, when in the fuck will we get a John Adams style look at Abe Lincoln? I'd watch the shit out of a Lincoln mini-series.
                        Taft please.

Episode 4: Taft In The Tub

Comment

Episode 3: Taft and TR have a mustache-off

Comment

liam neeson is to star as abe directed by spielberg

Comment

That's been talked about for years and I imagine Zucker can fill in the details. But I know Speilberg has been working on a Tin Tin movie (Why?).

Comment

I don't see Spielberg and Liam ever getting to the Abe movie. And I think the Tin Tin movie is done, and releasing at Christmas.

And why? Huge in Europe. Instant hit regardless of the US market.

Comment

Working...
                                X