No announcement yet.

The Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode, but does the series not feel truncated to anyone else? It's only 10 episodes (How long was Brothers? It seems like it was 15-18 episodes in my mind) and both episodes have felt so...brief? Tonight's episode was barely 45 minutes after you take into account the opening credits and interviews. I want a packed 60 minutes!

All of that I guess is my way of saying, holy shit is great, and I want more.

William Sadler looks and sounds exactly like my grandfather. The shit is uncanny.

Comment

Band was 10 episodes as well, and some of the eps for that were hovering around 54 minutes.

Sounds about the same runtime is in order, just a different pacing.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Checked out the first episode. Not too shabby, but didn't blow me away. I also can't take Radio Flyer seriously.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

He fucking frightens me.

Not only for the whole "Tom Hanks kept my death a secret so his kids wouldn't freak out/High five stepdad!" thing, but his is the face that conjurs images of ARRECK BARRWYNN pulling his skull back so as to make his nose into a pterodactyl's beak.

In a long winded way, I'm saying the kid's nose is gonna get ripped off in the barbed wire.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

He will be riding a dinosaur
            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

A dino-sour?

Fucking redneck in that Mr. DNA cartoon...

Comment

Damn dinos and their Unix (Or was it Linux? Fuck if I know) operating systems.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Unix.

Also, I will be giving this show a chance only for Sadler. Otherwise, this reminded me of every WWII movie/documentary ever.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yep. I fail I know. Just not my bag. But I will give it 3 episodes.

Comment

I must admit, how many movies cover the Pacific theater? There's the Thin Red Line, Flags of our Fathers and the Japanese one. But outside of that, can't imagine too much else recently.

Kind of amazes me, just how in the fuck we were able to pull that off. Well that, and the atom bomb. Invasion of Japan would have had at least Civil War level casualties.
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

But the thing is, I just don't care. I grew up with this shit man. And it turned me off it.

Comment

You've said before you don't like war movies, makes sense here.

Although I'm still wondering how in the fuck did we get a movie about Grenada? Fucking Grenada!

Comment

Originally posted by Jobe View Post
                              But the thing is, I just don't care. I grew up with this shit man. And it turned me off it.
                              You were born in the 1930s?
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Har har.

Listen, the jist of it is: kids join military, learn stuff about themselves, kill nazi/japs/ rinse repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X