Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random TV that do not need their own threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest question I have is how in the hell do these people have the money to buy all of this crap?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      The biggest question I have is how in the hell do these people have the money to buy all of this crap?
      Ebay/SS or disability cheques/dead Jehova's Witnesses in the rubble of a recently collapsed tower of refuse yields cash...?
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My Mom's house is fairly cluttered, and there's one small bedroom that you can barely walk into, which worries my sibs and me. But even she's not as bad as the people on "Hoarders". Plus, her biggest problem is that it's from years of collecting antiques, so whereas the hoarders will have dead cats and comatose hobos laying under piles of used diapers, my Mom's piles are actual legitimate antiques. So when you tell her she has to get rid of the stuff, she'll say, "Well, I CAN'T just throw these things out! They're worth a lot of money!" And that's the problem - she's right - it's not just trash. But she's been putting off sorting through all of it and selling it for years. At least it's not piles of dirty garbage, but you still can barely move around her house. It looks like - you know those old cluttered dusty antique shops? That's what her whole house looks like.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• To the Antiques ROADSHOW!

Comment

To the Antiques ROADSHOW!
            This is what we keep TELLING HER! We even offered to call Clean Sweep. But she's like one of these people - you know people who say they can't possibly let in a cleaning person till they've cleaned? That's Mom. She can't possibly let a cleaning and selling service in to get rid of and sell the stuff for her till she sorts through it. We say, "But Mom - with your bad back, you won't ever do that. You can't lift. You can't sit in one spot for a long time. You're nearly 80. No one expects YOU to do this - they hire people who'll do it for you." And we tell her, you can sit and sort through it with them. We'll pay for the service. But no.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• We've been trying for at least eight years to get my mother-in-law to set up an eBay shop for all of the junk, excuse me, all of the "antiques" she's collected over the years. Still hasn't happened. It's hard to get a hoarder out of the mindset. It's easy to make fun but there's a reason they have mental heath professionals on staff for those shows.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't care of you have antiques or trash. If shit is piled up so high you can't move in a room, then you need to get rid of stuff. My dad has a room like this. It's redonkulous.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Huh, and you'd think a military man would keep things neat and tidy.

BTW, Justin Clark did a very good review over at the other site about Ghostwriter. Ha Ha, educational tv.

Comment

• The only respectable eduviewing is Saved By the Bell.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Hey, I already knew about the risks of "caffinee" pills and of putting an oil derrick on the football field. Which by the way, did happen; Beverly Hills High School has a working oil derrick on its campus.

And if anything should get respect from viewing. It was Where on Earth was Carmen Sandiego.

HIT IT, ROCKAPELLA!

Comment

Hey, I already knew about the risks of "caffinee" pills and of putting an oil derrick on the football field. Which by the way, did happen; Beverly Hills High School has a working oil derrick on its campus.

And if anything should get respect from viewing. It was Where on Earth was Carmen Sandiego.

HIT IT, ROCKAPELLA!
                        In the World. Where in the World.

PBS would have a charity drive to fund its shit fit.

But pfffft. Petty poops these be.

Ghostwriter is forever on my angarchild list, as the idiotboy in me always thought there would be some flaming skulls and vengeance and motorcycles and duuuuuuuuuurr
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-20-2010, 05:40 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That's right, Where in the World was Carmen Sandiego. Where on Earth was the cartoon.

I liked both of them.

Lousy goddamn ACME Detective agency rejected my application back in '95.

Comment

• There's always Scruff MaGruff.

He'll let anyone in, he's a geedee dog inna trenchcoat.

The only requirements are a box of Milkbones and a mandatory daily visit to the park.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fuck that dog. I wanted to have the ability to travel all over the world via an interdimensional tube device built through the computer.

Well, I suppose I could always fight crime.....in a future time.

Comment

• Buh...but he's based outta Chicago (six o six five two).

That place is the bomb.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X