No announcement yet.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, shit. Hope Whitfield gets better ASAP, and they find an adequate replacement if they decide to do another season. Still, we are getting a six episode prequel in a few months, so hopefully, we'll eventually get more Spartacus goodness.

Comment

In a statement, Whitfield expressed regret at leaving the series while describing his cancer battle "as another extraordinary journey."
      I'm happy my life's ordinary.

So I SHOULD watch this?
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

It's not high drama or anything but if you like "taking itself too seriously" dialogue, gore, and tits it's pretty entertaining. Whitfield was actually pretty good. It's a bummer his cancer is back.

Comment

Saw there's tits.

Comment

Final episode is glorious.

Fucking lame it came back and Farticus had to bow out again.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              It's not high drama or anything but if you like "taking itself too seriously" dialogue, gore, and tits it's pretty entertaining. Whitfield was actually pretty good. It's a bummer his cancer is back.
              What 'digger said. First episode or two, everything's so over the top it's almost comical, but once they find their rhythm, it does get compelling enough that you're hooked. Nudity and violence in abundance!

I'm a lock for buying this on DVD BTW.

Comment

I won't buy it right away but once it hits $20 I'll likely pick it up, too.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Saw there's tits.
                Lots of tits and merkins. Remember the hot Ring torture expert from "Chuck"? The one who killed herself? Yeah, she's naked for pretty much the last third of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  I won't buy it right away but once it hits $20 I'll likely pick it up, too.

Lots of tits and merkins. Remember the hot Ring torture expert from "Chuck"? The one who killed herself? Yeah, she's naked for pretty much the last third of the season.
                  Oh come on! My schedule is full already! I'll try to make time later....

Comment

Found out it gets released tomorrow on DVD - I'll probably hold off and get it for Christmas, as I'm pretty much assured I'm getting gift cards for amazon.com as presents. Plus, I can watch the whole thing in preparation for the six-part prequel starting in January!

Comment

Bump.

Caught the first episode of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena the other day, and a much stronger first episode than the previous Spartacus series had. Thank Hocken this series focuses on John Hannah and Lucy Lawless, as their characters made the last series so damn good.

Something for everyone in this episode - nudity? They haz it. Lesbians? Yep. Sweaty gladiators kissing? Oh, mais oui! Beheadings? A really sweet one to start the show off! Hey, you even get to see how early Romans go to the bathroom. Both #1 AND #2!

Only a six episode series, until the next round of Spartacus starts up.

Comment

OK so I dug that first season but how is it Spartacus if "Spartacus" isn't in it? Or do they just name somebody else Spartacus? Also can haz lezbianz? PLZKTHX
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Oh, you can haz lezbianz, B! Oh, and you can haz Spartacus cameo in first scene!

You can even haz NEW Spartacus guy, too!

Comment

Damn OG spartacus dude has cancer. Did not know that.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yeah, it sucks. He beat it into remission before, but it came back. Gods of the Arena was made sort of as a placeholder until he could get back on his feet again, but he finally wound up quitting the show so the rest of the crew could find someone else and keep the series going.

Comment

I hope he gets back in the game and does that Time Crisis shit PHO REAL
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X