No announcement yet.

Lost: Season 6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So happy with that ending. Nothing more I can think to say than this show will definitely be missed.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Anyone who can compare this finale with those of "Dallas", "Newhart" and "MTM" is high. "Newhart" and "MTM" each ended with a lovely sweet moment, no argument, but they didn't have you by the heart for two and a half hours. And the "Sopranos" ending pissed off a lot of people, as I recall. Seems to me the only ones here with a complaint about last night are the ones who never even stuck with the show.

Anderson's right - this show went in a lot of directions a lot of other shows never dreamed of.
      Last edited by Lisa; 05-24-2010, 03:48 AM.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
        And the "Sopranos" ending pissed off a lot of people, as I recall. Seems to me the only ones here with a complaint about last night are the ones who never even stuck with the show.
        Yeah, well David Chase took everyone on a journey on the Sopranos. Along the way, we met some really great characters (some good, some bad, some confused). In closing, we got a sense of closure for just about every character EXCEPT the central character. Rather than make a definitive statement by either bumping Tony off or having ride off into the sunset was a cheap ploy to avoid pissing off half the fan base (seems about a 50/50 split on whether people wanted Tony to live or die) and leave it up to the imagination of the fans.

One thing for certain. Damon Lindelof will be known for pleasing the fan base and giving the characters their singular moment.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Definitely cried at all the reunions. Hurley had some good one liners. While I feel like the show came to a good close, there is still a metric shit ton of questions left unanswered.

I cashed out partly through Jimmy Kimmel, but woke up long enough to see the 'Newhart' ending and the 'Sopranos' ending. What was the third? And did anything interesting happen?
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I'm okay with the ending few minutes but I'm still a little undecided about the 2 hours that preceded it. It just kind of feels like they didn't know where else to go with it. Also I'm probably mostly upset I never got to see the adventures of Hurley and Ben as the island leaders.

Sidenote, HILARIOUS jackface™ when he's getting up from FLocke stoning his face.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• FUCK ME. I just figured out why I'm so disappointed in this finale:

They turned the alt-storyline into the Nexus from 'Star Trek: Generations'.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                FUCK ME. I just figured out why I'm so disappointed in this finale:

They turned the alt-storyline into the Nexus from 'Star Trek: Generations'.
                Fill in the blank

"Who am I to argue with ________?"

A: The captain of the Enterprise
                2: The leader of the Island
                D: common sense and good writing

Comment

• After sleeping on it, really fuck the alt-timeline/purgatory/flash sideways. It was just a cheap ploy for a happy emotional payoff to the fans. It wasn't earned at all, and to me cheapens what happened for six seasons. Jack/Vincent was earned, the other was not. And as always, Sepinwall says it better than i.

Jack tells Desmond at one point, "Trust me, I know: All of this matters," and that's a very similar sentiment to one espoused by Lester Freamon on "The Wire" - a show where all the pieces did, in fact, matter, and everything that was introduced paid off down the road. It's not a fair comparison, both because "The Wire" is the greatest drama ever, and because it was telling different kinds of stories in a different way from "Lost." But when I hear Jack say something like that, at the end of a series at which a whole lotta things wound up not mattering at all, it's hard to ignore the thematic dissonance.
                  http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...r-life-brother

And after reading this next bit, it's a big screw you to the belief they had any idea where they were headed. I can't believe they kept a straight face.

You've said many times that when people find out who Adam and Eve are, we'll all realize just how long you've been planning the mythology. Well, I went back and watched the "House of the Rising Sun" scene, and Jack says that the clothing looks like it's 50 years old. Is he just not very good at calculating the rate of decay on fabric?

CC: Jack is not really an expert in carbon dating.

DL: He's not really a forensic anthropologist. We need to bring in Bones.

CC: Or Charlotte. She's an anthropolgist.

DL: The other theory that I would like to throw out there is that Jacob and his mother were just expert craftsmen. They made those clothes on that loom so well, it would appear that they were only 50 years old in decomposition, when in fact it's several thousand.

CC: Or perhaps the fabric is magic. A lot of theories there, Alan.
                  Expert craftsmen? Magic? Oh fuck you guys.

Comment

• I sense a divide here. One greater than the SATC Big/Aiden divide.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It was a fabulous ending. The sideways reality in Los Angeles was purgatory/heaven/whatever. As Christian pointed out to Jack, some of them died before him, some years after - they were just waiting for him to arrive so they could reunite and move on. Jack and Vincent opening and closing the entire series together was beautiful. All the reunions were wonderful. And let's not forget one of the most important reunions of all - Jack and Christian. Christian, who apparently in the afterlife, has become a good father. One who can undo some of the damage he inflicted on his son, and bring him some peace and comfort at the end.

No, we didn't get all our questions answered, nor did I think we would. But that was two and a half hours of damn fine television.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• haters gonna hate.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          After sleeping on it, really fuck the alt-timeline/purgatory/flash sideways. It was just a cheap ploy for a happy emotional payoff to the fans. It wasn't earned at all, and to me cheapens what happened for six seasons. Jack/Vincent was earned, the other was not.
                          Agreed. I can appreciate the desire to throw everyone into the Nexus/Purgatory in order to provide some sort of emotional payoff/catharsis, but it was totally unnecessary. Jack's death is powerful enough, and having Vincent show up to be with him when he dies is powerful enough. WE DON'T NEED the blatant emotional manipulation.

I HATE HATE HATE the fact that 33% of what we've seen this season (the Nexus shit) was there strictly for the emotional payoff in the finale. I resent the hell out of that.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• For a show that talked about rules all the time, it sure did make a point to never ever tell us the rules. How did the church gathering come to be? I mean, how was it decided who would be there? Where was Michael? He certainly earned some peace. Where was Lapidus and Miles? Why was Penny there when she never stepped foot on the Island? Christian said "the people you met on the Island" were the most important people in their lives. And if they were getting to be with their soulmates/loved ones then why the hell would Sayid get Shannon and not Nadya? Holy shit I can't believe this horrible attempt at emotional manipulation. /fist bump Matt

EDIT: And the Island's buttplug. Obviously man made. But it could not be removed lest the world end! Well what the fuck happened before someone came along and made a stone buttplug and shoved it down the Island's keester?
                            Last edited by BillyG; 05-24-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• I hate what this show has done to all of you... it's turned friend into foe.

I wish it had ever aired.

Comment

• Like Rob said...

Anyway, I'm reading the forums over at TWoP, and I just really loved this post so much, by someone named "Ozfan":

Oh, that was beautiful. Just so beautiful. I sobbed at the end. One of the best, most satisfying endings ever.

It's about the connections you make, not the answers. It's about the babies born, the friendships made, the parent you reconcile with, the faithful dog lying by your side. How lucky we are to experience some of these things. I think the show and the creators just wanted to remind us of that, and I was.
                                Nicely put.

Comment

Working...
                                X