No announcement yet.

Lost: Season 6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you got a problem, throw Desmond at it. I Was so happy to see Fahey alive and well.
    You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      No offense, Rob...but you're totally fucking high in that statement, especially when regarding 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show'.

Speaking as someone with a degree of knowledge on the matter, MTM provided superficial changes to television. Important female pushes and all.

But, LOST literally kicked off the modern era of television. Some trace it back to Survivor, but Survivor was the last gasp of the BIG FOUR era.

LOST raised the stakes in terms of financing, shoots, talent and ability to fight its silver screen siblings.

It also proved the one thing that American networks never quite grasped. The true serial drama.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Agreed wholeheartedly on #1 and #4.

Where would you put 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show', Troy?

MTM loses a lot of footing but closes out at the bottom of the Top 10. You know what series finale has grown on me in the last decade? Roseanne.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Lost changed serialized television. Those shows, while great in their own right, didn't.
          I can't speak for everyone but I was with the show in the beginning until they lost their way in the convulted mythology while trying to figure out what the show was really about (I totally don't see how they could start out with that pilot and end up here with a plan). So if you want to say it changed serialized TV, I can certainly agree with you. How to "Wing It" for 6 seasons.

As an overall metaphor for life/death and dealing with such, the show wasn't bad. I would have preferred they never introduced any of the extraneous bullshit and instead could have concentrated on the show's only real strength. It's characters.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Exactly, I have no degree of knowledge on anything. I just get ripped up and make declarations. However, I <3 this finale.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So...

Remember that season of "Dallas" when it was all a dream?

Nah. Most of you are too young to remember the backlash and fail.

Well, looks like your buddy Mr. Abrams remembered it.

Everything old is new again.

Can we close this thread now?

Comment

• Interesting take, Troy. I'll concede that my 'degree of knowledge' in the matter isn't as pervasive as yours. However, I was alive and watching it when it went off the air, and it left a big vacuum in the television psyche.

Let's see how '24' does tomorrow.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  So...

I sure remember it. That's what made the 'Newhart' finale so AWESOME.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                    So...

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Not really. Their experiences were real. The 8th season of Dallas was all a dream. Confession. I own the first 6 seasons of Dallas on DVD.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Interesting take, Troy. I'll concede that my 'degree of knowledge' in the matter isn't as pervasive as yours. However, I was alive and watching it when it went off the air, and it left a big vacuum in the television psyche.

Let's see how '24' does tomorrow.

I've seen the 24 finale. It's a lesser ending, but it's not really an ending.

COUGH setup for the movie COUGH

Comment

• MASH ranks in my top 5 finales. So does The Shield. Lost? Can't place yet. I'll have to eventually catch up on what I missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                            MASH ranks in my top 5 finales. So does The Shield. Lost? Can't place yet. I'll have to eventually catch up on what I missed.

MASH's ending is so average. If you can divorce emotional attachment and look at it for what it was...it's so average.

The SHIELD's finale was pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                                MASH's ending is so average. If you can divorce emotional attachment and look at it for what it was...it's so average.

The SHIELD's finale was pretty good.
                                Finales are all about the emotional attachment (and theoretical character pay-off). Hence, your love of this finale. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X